Publix offers free, buffet-style, hot meals for Corporate, Manufacturing, and Distribution associates who work at facilities that have a cafeteria. The Cafeteria Team Leader makes sure the food is ready-to-serve, right on time!
The Cafeteria Team Leader ensures that meals are properly prepared, cooked, and served for Publix associates. The Team Leader also oversees the cafeteria associates to encourage teamwork and safety awareness in preparing meals each work day. The Cafeteria Team Leader is instrumental in helping to provide this tasty benefit to Publix associates.
Qualifications we look for
- At least 20 years old
- Experience cooking in an environment where a variety of entrées and methods are used (for example, a restaurant, Publix cafeteria, or culinary school)
- Experience in a supervisory role, preferred
- ServSafe Certification or equivalent certification (before his or her start date in the position)
- Knowledge of cooking principles
- Knowledge of all aspects of a commercial kitchen, including dishwashing, baking, preparing foods, cooking entrées, and cleaning
- Valid driver's license
- Able to work nights, weekends, holidays, and extended periods of time
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds
How To Apply
Please go to www.publix.jobs/support
to see our current openings. Click "YES" or "NO" to the question, "Are you an active Publix associate?" Then narrow your search by choosing Distribution within the Functional Area selection box.
When you apply, your information will be sent directly to the appropriate hiring manager. If your skills and experience seem to match the qualifications of the position that interests you, you will be contacted for an interview and possibly for testing customized to that position.
If you have any questions about our application process, please call our Employment Office in Lakeland (863-688-7407, ext. 32504) or Atlanta (770-995-0073, ext. 2153).