Queries, and fields, and forms! Oh my! Presenting one of Publix's Microsoft Access buffs. The Benefits IT Specialist provides advanced technical support to the Benefits Department for projects and benefits initiatives that require complex Microsoft Access database development.
The Benefits IT Specialist is primarily responsible for developing, maintaining and supporting Access database applications and determining the most effective way to import, extract and manipulate data, often from multiple systems. The Specialist also identifies technology solutions to support the administration of Publix's benefits plans and related projects and initiatives. Furthermore, he or she works with project managers, department managers and supervisors to analyze and interpret data needs, evaluate options and implement solutions. The Specialist may also participate in various department quality improvement initiatives.
Qualifications we look for
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Information Technology or a related field
- Experience working with employee benefit plans
- Basic knowledge of laws and regulations governing the various benefits plans, including Health Benefits, Long Term Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, Stock Purchase Plans, and Retirement plans
- Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician or advanced computer and electronics knowledge including experience with hardware, software, and computer systems and processes
- Advanced knowledge of Access database design techniques, tools, and principles
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word
- Advanced knowledge of HOST DB2 tables, SAP, and SAP Ad Hoc query function
- Knowledge of complex VBA Code
- Advanced analytical skills including strong mathematic and critical analytical thinking ability
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well with others and to be an effective team member
- Obvious enthusiasm, initiative and pride in work
How To Apply
Please go to www.publix.jobs/support
to see our current openings. Click "YES" or "NO" to the question, "Are you an active Publix associate?" Then narrow your search by choosing Benefits Administration within the Functional Area selection box.
When you apply, your information will be sent directly to the appropriate hiring manager. If your skills and experience seem to match the qualifications of the position that interests you, you will be contacted for an interview and possibly for testing customized to that position.
If you have any questions about our application process, please call our Employment Office in Lakeland (863-688-7407, ext. 32504) or Atlanta (770-995-0073, ext. 2153).