The Benefits Analyst provides financial reporting and analysis for Publix's Retirement, Stock and Group Benefits Plans to help ensure that benefits are continually available to Publix associates.
The Benefits Analyst works closely with the Benefits Financial Manager and together they ensure that internal certification and requirements of the Sarbanes Oxley Act are followed. One of the primary goals of the Benefits Analyst is to prepare monthly journal entries, post them to the general ledger in SAP and reconcile the activity posted in the general ledger accounts. Furthermore, the Analyst prepares monthly and quarterly financial schedules and year-end audit work papers.
Additional responsibilities regarding financial schedules and audits includes:
- analyzing account variances from period-to-period
- adding written explanations describing plan provisions and accounting methodologies and
- documenting variances and ensuring the financial schedules and audit work papers balance to the general ledger in SAP.
Qualifications we look for
- Bachelor's Degree in a field relevant to this position (e.g., Accounting or Finance)
- Work experience in Accounting or Finance
- Management-level experience working with qualified benefit plans
- Certified Employee Benefits Specialist certification (CEBS) or pursuing CEBS
- Ability to interpret and apply legal regulations governing benefit issues
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, Visio and Project)
- Knowledge of SAP or similar Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS)
- Ability to be flexible, handle stressful situations in a professional manner, adapt to change, and meet deadlines
- Ability to use discretion and tact when handling confidential information
- Ability to work as a team, lead a group of associates, utilize interpersonal and negotiating skills, and interact with all levels of associates and upper management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to be detail-oriented
- Obvious enthusiasm, initiative and pride in work
How To Apply
Please go to www.publix.jobs/support
to see our current openings. Click "YES" or "NO" to the question, "Are you an active Publix associate?" Then narrow your search by choosing Benefits Administration within the Functional Area selection box.
When you apply, your information will be sent directly to the appropriate hiring manager. If your skills and experience seem to match the qualifications of the position that interests you, you will be contacted for an interview and possibly for testing customized to that position.
If you have any questions about our application process, please call our Employment Office in Lakeland (863-688-7407, ext. 32504) or Atlanta (770-995-0073, ext. 2153).