Whether packaging muffins, crème cakes, or cookies, the Packers are critical to supplying our more than 1,000 stores with bakery products that delight our customers.
Bakery Packers package the bakery products to be sent to Publix stores, such as cookies, muffins, brownies, and apple turnovers. These items are palletized so they can be loaded onto trucks for delivery. It is also their responsibility to keep their work area clean in accordance with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs).
Qualifications we look for
- Be at least 18 years old
- Ability to occasionally push or pull heavy equipment
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to demonstrate excellent work habits in line with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs)
- Ability to demonstrate safe working habits
- Ability to follow detailed written and verbal instructions
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to work any shift, nights, weekends, holidays, and extended hours
- Ability to perform steady and productive work for an extended period of time
- Ability to work efficiently with little or no supervision
- Ability to work well with others and be a team member
- Obvious enthusiasm, initiative, and pride in work
How To Apply
For Manufacturing positions, other than entry level, please go to www.publix.jobs/support
to see our current openings. Click "YES" or "NO" to the question, "Are you an active Publix associate?" Then narrow your search by choosing Manufacturing within the Functional Area selection box.
When you apply, your information will be sent directly to the appropriate hiring manager. If your skills and experience seem to match the qualifications of the position that interests you, you will be contacted for an interview and possibly for testing customized to that position.
For entry level Manufacturing positions, please refer to the employment agency, Adecco. Go to http://www.adeccousa.com/Pages/Welcome.aspx
and click "Apply Now" in the top right hand corner to load your resume. You may indicate that you would prefer to be assigned to Industrial and Manufacturing type positions with Publix Super Markets, Inc. After working at least 90 days as a temporary associate you may be eligible to apply for a full time position, if available.
If you have any questions about our application process, please call our Employment Office in Lakeland (863-688-7407, ext. 32504) or Atlanta (770-995-0073, ext. 2153).