ASRS Maintenance Mechanic
Publix has warehouses which contain highly automated equipment for the storage and distribution of products to our stores. Our ASRS Maintenance Mechanics are crucial in keeping the conveyors and cranes within them operating safely and efficiently. Publix uses automated storage and retrieval systems in order to be able to rapidly palletize cases and ship products to our stores. These automated systems are used in both frozen foods and dry goods warehouse environments.
Automated Storage and Retrieval System (ASRS) Maintenance Mechanics perform systematic preventive maintenance that incorporates industry best practices. The Mechanics read and interpret blue prints, schematics, and technical manuals. They also troubleshoot and repair the ASRS, material handling equipment and pallet flow systems. Furthermore, they use a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) to generate and process the maintenance repairs performed.
Qualifications we look for
The required qualifications differ somewhat depending on the specific equipment in each facility. They also differ depending on the level of responsibility for a particular position. In general, however, most of our ASRS Maintenance Mechanics must have:
- a strong understanding of pneumatic, hydraulic, mechanical and electrical theory, including three phase power, A.C. and D.C. power circuits, motor controls and programmable logic controllers
- knowledge of various electrical and industrial codes
- experience in at least one of the following trades: electronics, control work, air conditioning, refrigeration or as an electrician, machinist or maintenance mechanic
- ability to read and interpret blue prints, schematics, and technical manuals
- capability of generating and processing work on a computerized maintenance-management system
How To Apply
Please go to www.publix.jobs/support
to see our current openings. Click "YES" or "NO" to the question, "Are you an active Publix associate?" Then narrow your search by choosing Distribution within the Functional Area selection box.
When you apply, your information will be sent directly to the appropriate hiring manager. If your skills and experience seem to match the qualifications of the position that interests you, you will be contacted for an interview and possibly for testing customized to that position.
If you have any questions about our application process, please call our Employment Office in Lakeland (863-688-7407, ext. 32504) or Atlanta (770-995-0073, ext. 2153).