Q: What are the most common Corporate openings available to external candidates?
|Our clerical openings and our technology openings are the most numerous. But we hire a few people each year for hundreds of other positionsfrom engineer to architect, from loss prevention specialist to training developer, from project manager to analyst, and from senior business consultant to HR investigator. We occasionally hire mid-level managers from the outside, but senior management positions are almost always filled from within.
Q: Does Publix hire many external candidates for its Corporate offices?
|Absolutelywhen they are better qualified than internal candidates. You may know that Publix has a very strong commitment to our associates. We like to help those already with the company grow their careers, so we always prefer to promote from within. However, when an external candidate appears to be a better fit for a certain opening than an internal candidate, we hire the external candidate. We want the best and the brightest on our team, no matter where they come from.
Q: Will I be called after submitting an application?
|Generally, only applicants who are chosen for interviews are called. We wish we could call every applicant and thank him or her for considering Publix during a job search. However, the number of applications we receive makes that impossible.
Q: What are some of the expectations you have for people who are invited to join your company?
|Publix is a leader in the supermarket industry because our associates have high standards. They are individuals who
can meet our lofty expectations. In fact, they are people who only want to work with others who also have high standards.
To maintain our leadership position and positive company morale, we strive to hire people who are:
Here are some of our other expectations:
- passionate about delivering premier customer service,
- driven to make things better–for Publix and for the communities we serve,
- energized by teamwork, and
- honest, dependable, respectful of others and of Publix property.
- dedication to cleanliness and other best practices in food safety
- committed to keeping up with company communications and with important industry trends
- respectful in the way they speak and act
- willing to work hard to get the job done–for salaried associates, that means working at least 45 hours a week