Curried Shrimp and Vegetables
16 ounces frozen broccoli stir-fry
(with carrots, onions, red peppers, water chestnuts, mushrooms)
1 (8-ounce) can pineapple chunks in juice (undrained)
1 tablespoon roasted garlic
1 tablespoon refrigerated ginger salad dressing
1 tablespoon country Dijon mustard
1 lb peeled/deveined shrimp (thawed, if needed)
1/2 teaspoon curry powder
1 tablespoon flour
- Place stir-fry vegetables in microwave-safe bowl; cover and microwave on HIGH for 5 minutes or until thawed.
- Preheat wok (or large sauté pan) on high 3–4 minutes. Wok should be hot enough to sizzle when ingredients are added.
- Place pineapple (including juice), garlic, ginger dressing, mustard, and shrimp in wok; cover and cook 1 minute.
- Drain vegetables; add to wok. Stir until mixed; cover and cook 2 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until thoroughly heated.
- Stir in curry powder and flour until well blended. Cook 2–3 minutes, stirring frequently, or until thickened. Serve over rice.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 210kcal; FAT 3g; CHOL 170mg; SODIUM 380mg; CARB 19g; FIBER 3g; PROTEIN 25g; VIT A 25%; VIT C 50%; CALC 10%; IRON 20%
Mandarin Orange Tea Rice
1 1/2 cups Mandarin orange-flavored green tea
1 teaspoon seasoned salt
1 1/2 cups 10-minute brown rice
- Place tea, seasoned salt, and allspice in medium saucepan; cover and bring to a boil on medium.
- Stir in rice; return to boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir; cover and let stand 5–7 minutes or until water is absorbed. Fluff with fork and serve.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 150kcal; FAT 1g; CHOL 0mg; SODIUM 400mg; CARB 33g; FIBER 2g; PROTEIN 3g; VIT A 0%; VIT C 0%; CALC 0%; IRON 2%
Utensils & Cookware
- wok (or large sauté pan) with lid
- medium saucepan with lid
- microwave-safe bowl with lid
- cooking spoons
- measuring utensils
This recipe can also be prepared with cooked diced chicken or without meat for a vegetarian meal.
Recipe Version seaf0015