Pork With Tomato-Mushroom Ragu Over Pasta
2 teaspoons fresh Italian parsley, coarsely chopped
1 large shallot, finely chopped
1 pork tenderloin (about 1 lb)
Large zip-top bag
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons cornstarch, divided
2 tablespoons olive oil
8 oz pre-sliced baby portabellas
1/2 cup sherry wine (or chicken stock)
1 1/2 cups chicken stock (or broth)
1 (14.5-oz) can diced tomatoes, drained
2 tablespoons water
8 oz wide egg noodles
3 cups fresh baby spinach leaves
2 tablespoons herb garlic butter
- Chop parsley and shallot.
- Cut pork into 1-inch-thick slices; place in zip-top bag (wash hands).
- Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 2-3 minutes. Add salt, pepper and 1/4 cup cornstarch to bag with pork; seal and shake to coat. Place oil in pan, then add pork (shaking off excess coating); cook 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden. Remove pork from pan. Meanwhile, bring water to boil for noodles.
- Reduce heat on pork to medium. Place shallots and mushrooms in pan; cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until browned.
- Reduce heat on pan to medium-low. Stir in wine; cook 2-3 minutes or until liquid is reduced by about one-third.
- Cook and drain noodles following package instructions; transfer cooked noodles to medium bowl.
- Stir stock and tomatoes into mushrooms; bring to a simmer. Combine remaining 2 tablespoons cornstarch and water, then stir into tomato mixture; cook 2-3 minutes or until sauce thickens.
- Reduce heat on pan to low. Return pork to pan; simmer 3-4 minutes or until pork is 145°F. Remove pork from pan.
- Stir into noodles: spinach, butter, and tomato mixture until evenly coated. Transfer pasta to serving dish; top with pork and sprinkle with parsley. Serve.
CALORIES (per 1/6 recipe) 350kcal; FAT 12g; CHOL 75mg; SODIUM 390mg; CARB 37g; FIBER 3g; PROTEIN 21g; VIT A 15%; VIT C 15%; CALC 4%; IRON 15%
- Complete your meal with a fresh blend salad, garlic bread, and carrot cake for dessert.
- Top with your favorite crumbled or shredded cheese.
Recipe Version pork0095