Sautéed Balsamic Fish With Lemon Basil Orzo
2 cups water
Zest/juice of 1 lemon
1 cup orzo pasta
5 tablespoons basil pesto, divided
8 oz tomato trinity mix (fresh diced tomatoes, onions, bell peppers), divided
4 white fish filets, (tilapia, haddock, or flounder; 1.25 lb)
2 teaspoons salt-free garlic/herb seasoning
1 tablespoon canola oil
1/2 cup reduced-sodium vegetable broth
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- Zest/grate lemon peel (no white; 1 teaspoon); squeeze lemon for juice (2 tablespoons).
- Bring exactly 2 cups water to boil for pasta. Stir orzo into boiling water; cook and stir 4 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low; simmer and stir often for 3–4 more minutes or until orzo is tender and most of liquid has been absorbed. (Important to stir orzo, to prevent sticking; no draining needed.)
- Stir in 3 tablespoons pesto, 1/2 cup tomato trinity, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Remove pan from heat and cover; set aside.
- Preheat large nonstick sauté pan on medium-high 2–3 minutes. Season fish on both sides with garlic/herb seasoning. Place oil in pan, then add fish; cook 1–2 minutes or until fish is lightly browned. Turn fish over.
- Combine broth, vinegar, remaining 3/4 cup tomato trinity, and remaining 2 tablespoons pesto. Add to fish; cook 2–3 minutes or until mixture reduces by about one-half and fish flakes easily. Serve with orzo.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 440kcal; FAT 14g; CHOL 65mg; SODIUM 370mg; CARB 41g; FIBER 2g; PROTEIN 37g; VIT A 10%; VIT C 30%; CALC 6%; IRON 15%
- Complete your meal with a fresh salad blend, potato rolls, and cheesecake for dessert.
- Check with your Publix Seafood department about similar fish varieties that may be in season or on sale.
Recipe Version seaf0163