1 1/2 pounds boneless chicken cutlets
2 teaspoons garlic salt
2 tablespoons butter
1/4 cup fresh pre-diced red onions
4 thin slices Swiss cheese
- Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 2–3 minutes. Sprinkle both sides of chicken with garlic salt (wash hands).
- Place butter in pan; swirl to coat. Add chicken (wash hands); cook 4 minutes. Turn chicken over, add onions, and cook 4–5 more minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165°F. Use a meat thermometer to accurately ensure doneness.
- Top chicken with cheese slices. Cover and cook 1 more minute or until cheese melts. Serve with Tropical Salsa (recipe below).
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 300kcal; FAT 14g; CHOL 130mg; SODIUM 650mg; CARB 1g; FIBER 0g; PROTEIN 39g; VIT A 8%; VIT C 0%; CALC 4%; IRON 6%
6–8 sprigs fresh cilantro
1 lime (for juice)
1/3 cup jalapeño pepper jelly
1 cup fresh pineapple chunks
- Rinse all unpeeled fruit and cilantro. Chop cilantro leaves finely, then measure (2 tablespoons); place in large bowl. Squeeze juice of lime (1 1/2 tablespoons) into bowl; stir in pepper jelly until well blended.
- Cut fruit into bite-size pieces, in order listed; add to bowl.
Papaya: Cut in half lengthwise; remove seeds and peel. Cut up one fourth of papaya (2 cups). Reserve remainder for another use.
Mango: Cut mango away from pit. Remove peel; cut fruit (1 cup).
Pineapple: Cut, as needed.
Avocado: Cut into quarters; remove peel and cut fruit (1 1/8 cups).
- Gently stir to coat ingredients; chill until ready to serve. (Makes 8 servings.)
CALORIES (per 1/8 recipe) 110kcal; FAT 3g; CHOL 0mg; SODIUM 10mg; CARB 20g; FIBER 3g; PROTEIN 1g; VIT A 10%; VIT C 70%; CALC 2%; IRON 2%
Utensils & Cookware
- large sauté pan with lid
- large bowl
- vegetable peeler
- cooking spoons
- meat thermometer
- knife and cutting board
- measuring utensils
Don’t want to cook chicken tonight? This flavorful salsa would make a perfect topping for sliced rotisserie chicken, crab cakes, grilled fish, or pork chops.
Recipe Version poul0046