Market Basket Pasta
3/4 lb fresh asparagus spears (about 2 cups)
1 large zucchini, thinly sliced (about 2 cups)
3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
Juice of 1 lemon
1/4 cup fresh oregano leaves, coarsely chopped
1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, coarsely chopped
1/2 of a (13–15-oz) box reduced-carbohydrate spaghetti pasta
1 tablespoon canola oil
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/2 cup canned artichoke hearts, drained
1/2 cup Deli roasted tomatoes
1/2 cup reduced-sodium vegetable broth
2 teaspoons garlic herb seasoning
1/3 cup Deli fresh mozzarella cheese pearls
- Bring water to boil for pasta.
- Cut asparagus into 2-inch pieces, removing tough root end.
- Slice zucchini; slice garlic.
- Squeeze lemon for juice (2 tablespoons).
- Chop oregano and basil.
- Cook pasta following package instructions.
- Preheat large sauté pan on medium 2–3 minutes. Place oil in pan, then add garlic; cook 1–2 minutes or until fragrant. Increase heat to medium-high. Add asparagus, zucchini, salt, and pepper; cook 2–3 minutes or until zucchini has browned.
- Add artichokes, tomatoes, broth, and garlic herb seasoning; cook 3–4 minutes or until broth has reduced by about one-half. Stir in fresh herbs, pasta, lemon juice, and cheese. Serve.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 310kcal; FAT 9g; CHOL 15mg; SODIUM 380mg; CARB 47g; FIBER 7g; PROTEIN 13g; VIT A 40%; VIT C 35%; CALC 15%; IRON 15%
- Complete your meal with a fresh spinach salad, a crusty baguette, and fruit pie for dessert.
- For a heartier pasta dish, you can add strips of grilled chicken or chunks of rotisserie chicken.
- This recipe is great when served the next day as a cold pasta salad.
Recipe Version past0050