Baked Tomatoes With Chicken Salad
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons fresh Italian parsley (coarsely chopped)
4 large (or 12 plum) tomatoes
1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
1/4 teaspoon pepper
4 tablespoons sliced almonds, divided
8 oz Deli prepared chicken salad
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cut butter into small pieces; place in medium bowl to soften.
- Chop parsley.
- Cut off top 1/4-inch from tomatoes; scoop out seeds and core.
- Blend into butter, using finger tips, until crumbly: bread crumbs, cheese, parsley, Italian seasoning, pepper, and 2 tablespoons almonds.
- Stir 2 tablespoons almonds into chicken salad. Fill tomatoes with chicken salad; top with crumb topping. Bake 15–20 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 310kcal; FAT 22g; CHOL 45mg; SODIUM 380mg; CARB 18g; FIBER 4g; PROTEIN 11g; VIT A 30%; VIT C 90%; CALC 10%; IRON 8%
- Complete your meal with fresh-baked sourdough bread and strawberry tarts for dessert.
- You might consider using a muffin pan to hold the tomatoes upright while baking.
- You can substitute Publix Deli’s spinach and artichoke dip for the chicken salad and add a green side salad for a great bistro-style meal.
Recipe Version 03/10-0096