Indian Pork Wraps
1 medium red bell pepper, thinly sliced
8 fresh asparagus spears
2 medium carrots
1 medium yellow squash
1 teaspoon garam masala (spice blend)
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground paprika
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
4 thin-sliced, boneless pork chops (about 1 lb)
2 teaspoons mango chutney, divided
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Slice red pepper; set aside.
- Cut asparagus into 2-inch pieces, removing tough root end; place in microwave-safe bowl.
- Peel carrots; remove ends from carrots and squash. Cut both in half (3-4" long); then cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Stack slices and cut into large, uniform matchsticks. Add to aspargus and cover.
- Microwave asparagus mixture on HIGH 2–3 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Combine remaining ingredients (except pepper strips, pork, and chutney) until blended; sprinkle evenly over both sides of pork chops. Spread 1/2 teaspoon of the chutney over one side of each pork chop.
- Arrange one or two strips of each vegetable on top of each pork chop. Fold (or wrap) the pork over the vegetables and secure with wooden picks. Arrange pork wraps on baking sheet. Bake 10–12 minutes or until pork is 160°F (for medium). Remove wooden picks, cut wraps into slices, and serve.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 260kcal; FAT 12g; CHOL 70mg; SODIUM 240mg; CARB 11g; FIBER 4g; PROTEIN 27g; VIT A 140%; VIT C 80%; CALC 8%; IRON 10%
Tangy Cucumber Salad
1 seedless cucumber, thinly sliced
1/2 cup fresh pre-diced red onions
1/2 cup plain fat-free yogurt
1 tablespoon mango chutney
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cut cucumber in half lengthwise, then cut into thin slices.
- Combine all ingredients (except cucumber) in medium bowl.
- Stir in cucumber until blended. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 50kcal; FAT 0g; CHOL 0mg; SODIUM 135mg; CARB 10g; FIBER 2g; PROTEIN 3g; VIT A 6%; VIT C 15%; CALC 6%; IRON 0%
- Complete your meal with lentils, sliced tropical fruit, and fruit pastry for dessert.
- The wrap recipe also works well with thin-sliced chicken cutlets instead of pork. Pan-sear both sides of the chicken lightly before assembling the wraps.
Recipe Version R-12/11-0050