Mandarin Turkey Stir-Fry
1 (11-oz) can mandarin oranges (about 1 cup, undrained)
3/4 lb turkey (or chicken) cutlets
1 (12-oz) package fresh stir-fry vegetables
1 1/2 teaspoons maggi seasoning
1 teaspoon minced garlic
4 1/2 teaspoons ginger paste, divided
2 tablespoons sesame oil, divided
1 (8-oz) can sliced water chestnuts (drained)
1/4 cup ponzu sauce
- Drain oranges, reserving 2 tablespoons juice.
- Cut turkey into 1-inch pieces (wash hands).
Combine reserved orange juice and stir-fry vegetables; microwave on HIGH 3 minutes or until vegetables start to become tender.
- Preheat large sauté pan (or wok) on medium-high 2¬¬–3 minutes. Combine in medium bowl, maggi, garlic, and 1 1/2 teaspoons ginger paste; stir in turkey. Place 1 tablespoon oil in pan then add turkey; cook and stir 3–4 minutes or until 165°F. Remove turkey from pan.
- Increase heat to high; heat pan 1–2 minutes. Place 1 tablespoon oil in pan then stir in 3 teaspoons ginger paste; cook and stir 1 minute. Add vegetables and water chestnuts; cook and stir 2–3 minutes or until tender.
- Add ponzu sauce; cook and stir 1–2 minutes or until hot. Add turkey and oranges; toss gently and serve.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 270kcal; FAT 8g; CHOL 55mg; SODIUM 510mg; CARB 27g; FIBER 4g; PROTEIN 24g; VIT A 30%; VIT C 90%; CALC 4%; IRON 10%
Curried Carrot Ribbons
1 lb fresh carrots
1/4 cup water
2 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- Peel carrots and cut thinly, using vegetable peeler, down length of carrot. Continue cutting ribbons until too thin to peel.
- Combine carrots and water; cover and microwave on HIGH 3–4 minutes or until tender.
- Combine remaining ingredients; microwave on HIGH 1–1 1/2 minutes or until boiling. Drain carrots; stir in butter mixture. Serve.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 100kcal; FAT 6g; CHOL 15mg; SODIUM 65mg; CARB 12g; FIBER 3g; PROTEIN 1g; VIT A 360%; VIT C 6%; CALC 4%; IRON 2%
Utensils & Cookware
- large sauté pan, tongs
- 3 microwave-safe bowls (1 with lid)
- mixing bowls, vegetable peeler
- colander, cooking spoons
- meat thermometer
- knife and cutting board
- measuring utensils
- Boil-in-the-bag rice is an easy way to round out this meal. Put it on to boil before beginning your stir-fry.
- Complete your dinner with fresh fruit.
Recipe Version poul0073