Shrimp Thermidor With Angel Hair Pasta
2 tablespoons garlic butter
1 teaspoon chopped garlic
2 teaspoons capers
2 teaspoons country-style Dijon mustard
1/4 cup white wine
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1/4 cup sour cream
1/2 cup lowfat milk
1 teaspoon tarragon
1 teaspoon seafood seasoning blend
one 12-ounce bag frozen cooked shrimp (tails off)
8 ounces angel hair pasta (1/2 box)
1/4 cup water
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1. Fill saucepan 3/4 full of hot water, cover and place on high heat to boil for pasta.
2. Measure first 10 ingredients and assemble near stove.
3. Preheat sauté pan on medium for 1-2 minutes.
4. Stir in garlic butter, chopped garlic, capers and mustard; allow to simmer for 1 minute.
5. Add wine, lemon juice, sour cream, milk, tarragon and seafood seasoning; whisk together and simmer for 1 minute.
6. Add shrimp and cook for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
7. Check pasta water for boil. When boiling, add pasta and cook for 3-5 minutes.
8. In 2-cup measuring cup, mix together water and flour. Stir into mixture, and cook 4-5 minutes until thickened, stirring frequently.
9. Drain pasta well; stir cheese into shrimp mixture and serve over pasta.
1 medium cucumber
1 1/2 cups grape tomatoes
one 4 1/4-ounce can chopped black olives
one 8-ounce bag shredded lettuce
8 pepperocini peppers
1/2 cup feta cheese crumbles
1/3 cup Greek feta dressing
1. Wash cucumber and tomatoes. Cut ends off cucumber. Using vegetable peeler, peel cucumber. Cut in half length-wise and dice into bite-size pieces. Open and drain olives.
2. Place lettuce in salad bowl and layer in the following order: cucumber, tomatoes, olives, peppers and feta cheese.
3. Drizzle dressing over top of salad. Toss, if desired, and serve.
Calories (kcal) 618; Total Fat (g) 25.9; Saturated Fat (g) 10.5; Cholesterol (mg) 96; Carbohydrate (g) 59.4; Dietary Fiber (g) 4.7; Protein (g) 33.9; Sodium (mg) 1546; Potassium (mg) 442; Calcium (mg) 405; Iron (mg) 5.5
Daily Values: Vitamin A 26%; Vitamin C 31%; Calcium 41%; Iron 31%
Add items to your grocery list by clicking on the next to any item below.
The icon will change to to indicate that it has been added.
Utensils & Cookware