Chicken Herb Sandwiches
1 Deli rotisserie chicken
1/4 cup light mayonnaise
2 tablespoons Italian seasoning herb paste
3 Bakery ciabatta rolls, sliced
4 oz sliced mushrooms (1 cup)
1 1/2 cups baby spinach leaves
3 (1-oz) slices Swiss cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Shred chicken (breast only) into large pieces (2 cups).
- Cut ciabatta rolls in half. Combine mayonnaise and herb paste; spread 1 tablespoon evenly over both sides of rolls and place on baking sheet. Divide chicken evenly over bottom halves of rolls. Top remaining upper halves of rolls with mushrooms, spinach, and cheese.
- Bake sandwiches (open face) 10-12 minutes or until chicken is hot and mushrooms are tender. Assemble sandwiches; cut each in half. Serve.
CALORIES (per 1/6 recipe) 280kcal; FAT 13g; CHOL 60mg; SODIUM 710mg; CARB 24g; FIBER 2g; PROTEIN 18g; VIT A 6%; VIT C 35%; CALC 15%; IRON 10%
Warm Nappa Salad
1 medium head Nappa cabbage, thinly sliced
4 slices bacon, thinly chopped
8 oz sliced mushrooms (2 cups)
1/3 cup spinach salad dressing
2 teaspoons country Dijon mustard
1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- Slice cabbage lengthwise into quarters. Cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices (about 6 cups) and place in large bowl.
- Cut bacon into thin strips (wash hands).
- Preheat large sauté pan on medium 2-3 minutes. Place bacon in pan; cook and stir 3-4 minutes or until crisp. Remove bacon, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings in pan. Add mushrooms to drippings; cook and stir 3-4 minutes or until mushrooms are tender.
- Combine spinach dressing and mustard, then stir into mushrooms; cook and stir 1 minute.
- Remove pan from heat; pour dressing over cabbage. Add blue cheese and bacon; toss until evenly coated. Serve.
CALORIES (per 1/6 recipe) 160kcal; FAT 10g; CHOL 15mg; SODIUM 380mg; CARB 10g; FIBER 2g; PROTEIN 6g; VIT A 20%; VIT C 35%; CALC 10%; IRON 4%
- Complete your meal with fresh cut fruit and carrot cake for dessert.
- In step 3 of the salad recipe, the residual heat from the pan will wilt the cabbage for a hearty, warm salad.
Recipe Version soup0124