Shrimp and Avocado Enchiladas
one 12-ounce bag frozen cooked shrimp (tails off)
1 small avocado (or 1/2 large)
2 tablespoons green onions
1 tablespoon lime juice
one 8-ounce container fat-free sour cream
1/4 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon salt
pepper, to taste
10 small white corn tortillas
vegetable cooking spray
10 slices fat-free sharp cheese singles
one 8-ounce jar green taco sauce
1 cup shredded low-fat Cheddar cheese
1/4 teaspoon chili powder
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Open bag of shrimp, fill with cold water and set aside to thaw.
2. Cut avocado in half lengthwise. Remove seed and any seed remnants, or dark spots, with spoon. Cut each side into 2 quarters. Remove peel on each quarter. Dice into 1/2-inch pieces. Place in mixing bowl.
3. Wash and dice green onion into 1/4-inch pieces, including up to 1/2 of green section. Add to mixing bowl, along with: lime juice, sour cream, cumin, salt and pepper; mix together.
4. Drain shrimp and rinse away any ice crystals, pat dry and fold into avocado mixture.
5. Place tortillas in microwave on paper towel; microwave for 35 seconds to soften. While tortillas heat, spray baking dish with vegetable cooking spray.
6. Lay tortilla on a flat surface; add one slice of cheese and 1/4 cup shrimp mixture. Roll tortilla and lay in baking dish with seam side down.
7. Repeat step 6, making 10 enchiladas.
8. Pour taco sauce over enchiladas and spread evenly, covering all dry areas.
9. Sprinkle shredded cheese and chili powder over top. Bake for 20 minutes. Serve.
two 12-ounce packages frozen butternut squash
4 egg whites
1 tablespoon country-style Dijon mustard
2 teaspoons chili powder
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1. Open packages of squash and empty contents into microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave on high for 6 minutes.
2. Separate egg whites from yolk with an egg separator.
3. Remove squash from microwave and break up any frozen portions. Whisk until smooth. Add egg whites and whisk. Whisk in mustard, chili powder and brown sugar. Cover and microwave on high for 8 minutes.
4. Remove from microwave and allow to stand for 2 minutes. Whisk and serve.
Calories (kcal) 367; Total Fat (g) 11.8; Saturated Fat (g) 2.8; Cholesterol (mg) 57; Carbohydrate (g) 35.2; Dietary Fiber (g) 4.7; Protein (g) 31.2; Sodium (mg) 1864; Potassium (mg) 176; Calcium (mg) 666; Iron (mg) 1.4
Daily Values: Vitamin A 130%; Vitamin C 6%; Calcium 67%; Iron 8%
Add items to your grocery list by clicking on the next to any item below.
The icon will change to to indicate that it has been added.
Utensils & Cookware
Serve with your favorite taco stuffers, such as lettuce, tomatoes, black olives and extra fat-free sour cream. For variety, substitute frozen cooked chicken strips for shrimp.
Recipe Version seaf0017