Tomato-Garlic Shrimp Over Creamy Corn
3 ears fresh corn
1 small onion, finely chopped
2 medium tomatoes, coarsely chopped
3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/2 cup sour cream
3 oz queso fresco (or ricotta) cheese
1 lb jumbo, peeled/deveined shrimp (tails off)
1/2 teaspoon roasted garlic/herb seasoning
2 tablespoons lemon herb finishing butter
- Slice corn from cobs (3 cups).
- Chop onion and tomatoes.
- Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 2-3 minutes. Place 1 tablespoon oil in pan, then add onions, salt, and pepper; cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until tender. Stir in corn; cook 2-3 minutes or until corn is tender.
- Transfer mixture to food processor (or blender); add sour cream and cheese, then blend until smooth.
- Heat same pan on medium-high 1-2 minutes. Place remaining 2 tablespoons oil in pan, then add shrimp and garlic/herb seasoning; cook and stir 3-4 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink and opaque.
- Remove pan from heat; stir in butter until melted. Serve shrimp over creamy corn; top with tomatoes. Serve.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 420kcal; FAT 26g; CHOL 225mg; SODIUM 1190mg; CARB 21g; FIBER 3g; PROTEIN 27g; VIT A 30%; VIT C 25%; CALC 25%; IRON 8%
Maple Sticky Bread
1 (12-oz) Bakery baguette or French bread
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
1/2 cup maple syrup, divided
4 oz Deli brie cheese
- Coat baking sheet with spray.
- Cut eight (1/2-inch-thick) slices from bread.
- Preheat large nonstick sauté pan on medium 1-2 minutes. Place butter in pan to melt. Add syrup and bring to a simmer.
- Add bread, turning immediately to coat both sides; cook 3-4 minutes on each side or until bread is browned (bread will be sticky; syrup will be absorbed). Transfer bread to baking sheet.
- Cut brie into 8 thin, bite-size slices. Arrange cheese slices on bread; let stand 2-3 minutes to harden. Serve.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 330kcal; FAT 14g; CHOL 45mg; SODIUM 340mg; CARB 42g; FIBER 1g; PROTEIN 8g; VIT A 6%; VIT C 0%; CALC 10%; IRON 6%
- Complete your meal with fresh salad blend and layer cake for dessert.
- It's very important to coat the baking sheet with spray to prevent the bread from sticking.
Recipe Version seaf0176