Weeknight Italian Beef
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 cup pre-diced onions
1 (17-oz) fully cooked beef pot roast
1 1/2 cups tomato basil pasta sauce
1 cup fried peppers and onions
1 cup mild pepper rings
2 tablespoons garlic powder
2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
6 Bakery French (or regular) Hamburger Buns
- Preheat large saucepan on medium-high 2–3 minutes. Place oil in pan, then add onions; cook and stir 4–5 minutes or until onions begin to brown.
- Stir in remaining ingredients (except buns) and cover; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium; cook and stir 15–20 minutes or until hot, breaking meat up as it cooks.
- Serve on Bakery buns.
CALORIES (per 1/6 recipe) 390kcal; FAT 14g; CHOL 60mg; SODIUM 930mg; CARB 41g; FIBER 3g; PROTEIN 23g; VIT A 25%; VIT C 140%; CALC 4%; IRON 20%
Seasoned Crinkle Fries
1 1/4 lb frozen crinkle-cut French fries
1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Place fries in single layer on baking sheet; sprinkle with seasoned salt. Bake 15–18 minutes, stirring halfway through cook time, or until golden and crisp. Serve.
CALORIES (per 1/6 recipe) 150kcal; FAT 4.5g; CHOL 0mg; SODIUM 640mg; CARB 19g; FIBER 2g; PROTEIN 2g; VIT A 0%; VIT C 2%; CALC 0%; IRON 0%
- Complete your meal with sliced provolone cheese for the sandwiches, a fresh salad blend, and carrot cake for dessert.
- This makes a great appetizer-size sandwich when served on small potato or dinner rolls.
Recipe Version R-07/10-0033