Sausage Mushroom Alfredo Pasta
1 large leek, coarsely chopped
2 tablespoons fresh Italian parsley, chopped
2 links mild Italian sausage (8 oz)
2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
8 oz rigatoni pasta
8 oz fresh presliced baby portabellas
1/2 cup white wine (or chicken broth)
1 (15-oz) jar roasted garlic Alfredo sauce
2 oz Deli mushroom & leek (or plain) Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- Bring water to boil for pasta. Chop leek (white part only; 1 cup); chop parsley.
- Remove sausage casing: cut almost in half (butterfly); turn sausage over and peel casing away (wash hands). Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 2-3 minutes. Place 1 tablespoon oil in pan, then add sausage; brown 3-4 minutes, stirring to crumble meat, or until no pink remains. Meanwhile, cook pasta following package instructions.
- Remove sausage from pan. Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to same sauté pan, then add mushrooms and leeks; cook and stir 3-4 minutes or until tender.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and stir in wine; simmer 2-3 minutes or until reduced by about one-half.
- Stir in Alfredo sauce; bring to a simmer. Meanwhile, shred cheese (1/2 cup) into sauce; whisk until melted. Stir in pasta and sausage; cook and stir 1 minute. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
CALORIES (per 1/6 recipe) 400kcal; FAT 21g; CHOL 55mg; SODIUM 810mg; CARB 36g; FIBER 4g; PROTEIN 14g; VIT A 8%; VIT C 8%; CALC 10%; IRON 15%
Strawberry Lemon Supreme
4 oz frozen nondairy whipped topping, softened
1 pint fresh strawberries, thinly sliced
1 Bakery glazed lemon creme cake
1/3 cup Italian sweet creme (or vanilla) coffee creamer
1 container low-fat vanilla Greek yogurt (5-6 oz)
- Set whipped topping out to thaw. Slice strawberries.
- Cut six 1/2-inch-thick slices from cake; arrange 4-5 slices to cover bottom of 9-inch-square serving dish. Drizzle or brush creamer over cake slices.
- Combine yogurt and strawberries; spoon mixture evenly over cake slices. Spread whipped topping over strawberry mixture.
- Crumble remaining cake slice over edge for garnish. Chill 1 1/2 hours (or overnight) until thoroughly chilled and cake slices are softened. Serve. (Makes 9 servings.)
CALORIES (per 1/9 recipe) 170kcal; FAT 7g; CHOL 15mg; SODIUM 90mg; CARB 22g; FIBER 1g; PROTEIN 2g; VIT A 2%; VIT C 30%; CALC 4%; IRON 0%
- Complete your meal with fresh salad blend and garlic bread.
- For a great addition to the pasta recipe, just add fresh spinach (or asparagus) with the wine.
Recipe Version past0057