Chorizo, Chicken, and Tomato Sauté
1 small yellow onion, coarsely chopped
3 1/2 oz cured chorizo sausage (2 links)
2 chicken fillets (about 1 lb)
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 1/2 teaspoons smoked paprika, divided
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/3 cup sun-dried julienne-cut tomatoes in oil
3/4 cup apple cider (or apple juice)
1 teaspoon chipotle pepper sauce
1/4 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- Chop onion (1 cup). Cut chorizo into large chunks.
- Cut chicken into 2-inch chunks (wash hands).
- Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 2-3 minutes. Place oil in pan, then add onions, chorizo, and 1/2 teaspoon paprika; cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until onions soften and chorizo browns.
- Add chicken to onion mixture and sprinkle with salt, pepper, and remaining 1 teaspoon paprika; cook 6-8 minutes, turning chicken occasionally, or until chicken is well browned.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, then stir in tomatoes; cook and stir 1 minute. Stir in cider and pepper sauce; simmer 6-7 minutes or until chicken is 165°F. Chop cilantro; sprinkle over chicken and serve.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 320kcal; FAT 17g; CHOL 80mg; SODIUM 620mg; CARB 13g; FIBER 1g; PROTEIN 29g; VIT A 15%; VIT C 25%; CALC 2%; IRON 10%
3 medium poblano peppers
2 medium zucchini
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
2 tablespoons cilantro, finely chopped
1/4 cup half-and-half
1/4 cup sour cream (or crema)
1/2 teaspoon chipotle pepper sauce
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Cut peppers in half lengthwise; remove core and seeds. Cut zucchini into quarters lengthwise; place both on baking sheet, cut side down. Drizzle with oil and 1/4 teaspoon salt; bake 18-22 minutes or until lightly charred and tender. Cover with paper towels; let stand 5 minutes to cool.
- Remove any charred skin from peppers by rubbing with paper towels. Cut peppers into 1/2-inch-wide strips and cut zucchini in half; place in large saucepan. Chop cilantro; set aside.
- Place saucepan on medium heat and stir in half-and-half; cook 1-2 minutes or until liquid reduces and begins to thicken. Remove pan from heat; stir in remaining ingredients (including 1/4 teaspoon salt). Serve.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 120kcal; FAT 8g; CHOL 15mg; SODIUM 40mg; CARB 11g; FIBER 2g; PROTEIN 4g; VIT A 25%; VIT C 310%; CALC 6%; IRON 6%
- Complete your meal with fresh salad blend, Cuban bread, and chocolate cake for dessert.
- Regular paprika will work, if smoked isn't available. You can add more chipotle pepper sauce to add a little smoky flavor.
Recipe Version poul0155