Barbecue Steaks and Mushrooms
1 large sweet onion
6 oz whole portabellas
1 cup barbecue sauce
1 cup balsamic vinegar
Large zip-top bag
1 1/2 lb grilling steaks (ribeye, strip, or tenderloin)
- Cut onion into 1/2-inch-thick slices.
- Discard stems and gills (dark brown layers) from mushrooms.
- Whisk barbecue sauce and balsamic vinegar until blended; reserve 1/2 cup of the sauce mixture for later use. Place remaining 1 1/2 cups sauce in zip-top bag with steaks and vegetables; seal bag. Let stand 10-15 minutes (or overnight) to marinate. Preheat grill (or grill pan).
- Place steak and vegetables on grill (or grill pan), discarding sauce; grill 4-5 minutes on each side, or until steaks are 145°F and vegetables are tender. (Discard any remaining sauce that has been in contact with raw meat.)
- Let steaks stand 5 minutes to rest. Slice mushrooms and steaks; drizzle with reserved 1/2 cup sauce mixture. Serve.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 430kcal; FAT 22g; CHOL 120mg; SODIUM 300mg; CARB 23g; FIBER 1g; PROTEIN 32g; VIT A 0%; VIT C 10%; CALC 4%; IRON 15%
Warm Horseradish Potatoes
4 green onions, finely chopped
2 tablespoons fresh dill, finely chopped
Nonstick aluminum foil
2 tablespoons canola oil
1 (22-oz) bag frozen seasoned red potato wedges
1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
3 tablespoons creamy horseradish sauce
2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- Preheat grill (or grill pan).
- Chop green onions and dill.
- Tear off one sheet of foil; spread oil in middle of foil, then top with potatoes. Top with second foil sheet; double-fold all edges to seal.
- Place foil pouch on grill over indirect heat; grill 20-25 minutes, turning occasionally, or until potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork and lightly browned.
- Whisk remaining ingredients (except onions and dill) in medium bowl until blended. Stir in potatoes, green onions, and dill. Serve.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 360kcal; FAT 20g; CHOL 5mg; SODIUM 680mg; CARB 40g; FIBER 4g; PROTEIN 6g; VIT A 2%; VIT C 25%; CALC 0%; IRON 4%
- Complete your meal with corn on the cob, Cuban bread, and apple pie for dessert.
- The potato wedges can also be oven-baked following package instructions.
Recipe Version gril0054