Sausage Vegetable Pasta
1 small zucchini, sliced
1 small yellow squash, sliced
2 plum tomatoes, sliced
1 tablespoon fresh basil, coarsely chopped
8 oz mild Italian sausage (2-3 links), sliced
8 oz rigatoni pasta
1 cup fresh pre-diced onions
2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
1 teaspoon vegetable seasoning blend
1 1/2 cups specialty pasta sauce
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Bring water to a boil for pasta.
- Slice zucchini and squash; cut tomatoes into 1-inch pieces. Chop basil.
- Cut sausage into small bite-size pieces (wash hands).
- Cook and drain pasta following package instructions.
- Combine zucchini, squash, onions, 1 tablespoon olive oil, and vegetable seasoning; set aside.
- Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 2-3 minutes. Place remaining 1 tablespoon oil in pan, then add sausage; cook and stir 4-5 minutes or until no pink remains. Remove sausage from pan.
- Add vegetable mixture to same pan; cook and stir 3-4 minutes or until vegetables begin to soften and brown.
- Reduce heat to low; stir in tomatoes, pasta, sausage, and pasta sauce, then cover; simmer 1-2 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Sprinkle with basil and cheese; serve.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 570kcal; FAT 29g; CHOL 30mg; SODIUM 1140mg; CARB 55g; FIBER 5g; PROTEIN 21g; VIT A 20%; VIT C 30%; CALC 8%; IRON 20%
4 slices Bakery 100% Whole Wheat Mountain Bread
2 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
8 tablespoons Deli artichoke-spinach dip
1/2 teaspoon vegetable seasoning blend
4 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cut each bread slice in half. Cut tomatoes into 8 slices.
- Coat both sides of bread with spray. Place on baking sheet; bake 5-6 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- Top each slice with 2 tablespoons spinach dip, 2 tomato slices, then sprinkle with vegetable seasoning; bake 3-4 minutes or until heated. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese; serve.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 200kcal; FAT 10g; CHOL 10mg; SODIUM 340mg; CARB 20g; FIBER 2g; PROTEIN 8g; VIT A 20%; VIT C 25%; CALC 8%; IRON 4%
- Complete your meal with Caesar salad and carrot cake for dessert.
- Grill the sausage and serve over the pasta to add a smoky flavor to this dish.
Recipe Version past0055