1 pound ground veal
1 1/4 cups frozen diced onions
1/2 tablespoon Italian seasoning
1 1/2 cups Italian bread crumbs
1/2 cup olive oil
one 26-ounce jar roasted red pepper tomato sauce
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1/2 box penne pasta (8 ounces)
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Fill saucepan 3/4 full of hot water, cover, and put on high heat to boil for pasta.
3. Place veal, egg, onions, Italian seasoning, and 1 cup bread crumbs in mixing bowl. Mix well.
4. Preheat sauté pan on medium-high for 1-2 minutes.
5. Pour remaining bread crumbs onto plate. Form meat mixture into 4 patties approximately 3/4-inch thick and coat patties with bread crumbs. Wash hands.
6. Pour olive oil into pan and swirl to coat. Reduce heat to medium.
7. Place patties in pan and cook for 9 minutes, turning halfway through cooking.
8. Check pasta water for boil. When boiling, add pasta and cook per package instructions for al dente (approximately 10 minutes).
9. Remove veal from heat, and place on baking sheet. Top each patty with 1/4 cup sauce and two tablespoons Parmesan cheese. Bake for 5 minutes.
10. Heat remaining pasta sauce in microwave for 1-2 minutes.
11. Remove pasta from heat and drain. Place on serving plates and top with remaining sauce.
12. Remove veal from oven and serve with pasta.
6 cups European salad blend (3/4 bag)
1/3 cup Caesar salad dressing
1/2 cup seasoned croutons
1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1. Place salad blend in large bowl and toss with salad dressing.
2. Divide mixture between bowls or salad plates.
3. Top with croutons, sprinkle with cheese. Serve. (Makes 6 servings.)
Calories (kcal) 899; Total Fat (g) 56; Saturated Fat (g) 12; Cholesterol (mg) 160; Carbohydrate (g) 99; Dietary Fiber (g) 6; Protein (g) 48; Sodium (mg) 1915; Potassium (mg) 680; Calcium (mg) 411; Iron (mg) 7
Daily Values: Vitamin A 22%; Vitamin C 28%; Calcium 41%; Iron 38%
Add items to your grocery list by clicking on the next to any item below.
The icon will change to to indicate that it has been added.
Utensils & Cookware
Recipe Version beef0002