Lamb With Cherry Sauce
2 tablespoons shallots, finely chopped
2 (1 1/2- to 1 3/4-lb) frenched racks of lamb
1 (6-oz) bag dried cherries
1 1/4 cups reduced-sodium beef broth
1/4 cup + 1 cup cherry preserves, divided
6 teaspoons whole grain mustard, divided
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Chop shallots.
- Trim lamb racks; remove fat from rib bones, if needed (wash hands).
- Combine cherries, broth, 1/4 cup preserves, and 2 teaspoons mustard; place in 9-inch square baking dish. Arrange roasting rack in dish over broth mixture.
- Place racks of lamb, fat side out and ribs crisscrossed, on rack; season with salt and pepper. Combine remaining each 1 cup preserves and 4 teaspoons mustard with Worcestershire and shallots until blended. Spread cherry mixture over lamb.
- Bake 25–30 minutes or until lamb is 145°F (for medium-rare). Let rack rest 5 minutes before slicing. Slice and serve sauce remaining in baking dish over lamb.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 830kcal; FAT 30g; CHOL 135mg; SODIUM 710mg; CARB 103; FIBER 12g; PROTEIN 35g; VIT A 30%; VIT C 0%; CALC 6%; IRON 20%
French-Style Buttered Potatoes
1 (3.5-oz) stick herb garlic butter
1 teaspoon herbes de Provence
1 (20-oz) bag refrigerated homestyle sliced potatoes
1 tablespoon quick-mixing flour
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Melt butter in microwave or on stovetop.
- Combine butter and herbs in medium bowl; stir in potatoes until evenly coated. Sprinkle flour over potatoes; turn potatoes to coat.
- Transfer potatoes into 8 medium (or 6 large) muffin cups, pressing gently to compact the layers. Bake 35–40 minutes or until edges are browned and potatoes are firmly set.
- Carefully invert pan to turn out potatoes. Serve warm. (Makes 6 servings.)
CALORIES (per 1/6 recipe) 190cal; FAT 12g; CHOL 30mg; SODIUM 190mg; CARB 20g; FIBER 2g; PROTEIN 2g; VIT A 10%; VIT C 10%; CALC 0%; IRON 4%
- Complete your meal with broccoli, potato rolls, and cheesecake for dessert.
- Ask the Meat department to french (trim fat from) the bones for you. This is a time-saver and gives a better presentation.
Recipe Version beef0095