3 tablespoons minced onions
3 tablespoons water
1 teaspoon beef base
1/4 cup steak sauce + additional for serving
1/2 cup frozen diced green peppers
28 saltine crackers
1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef, 7% fat
1 (24- x 12-inch) sheet aluminum foil
1. Preheat grill on medium-high. Combine onions, water, beef base, egg, steak sauce and green peppers in food processor. Pulse 10 seconds to mix. (Or mix by hand.)
2. Crush crackers and add to onion mixture with ground beef; pulse 10–20 seconds until mixed. Form into 4 patties. Wash hands.
3. Spray top of foil with cooking spray and place on grill rack (to keep patties from falling through rack). Place patties on foil and cook 12–15 minutes, turning 2–3 times until internal temperature reaches 165°F. Serve with additional steak sauce, if desired.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 382kcal; FAT 16g; CHOL 151mg;
SODIUM 775mg; CARB 20g; FIBER 2g; PROTEIN 39g;
VIT A 5%; VIT C 10%; CALC 4%; IRON 33%
Garlic Mashed Potatoes
1 (20-package) refrigerated mashed potatoes
3/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
1/4 teaspoon liquid smoke flavoring
1. Combine all ingredients in microwave-safe bowl; mix well.
2. Cover and microwave on HIGH 6 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir and serve.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 193kcal; FAT 8g; CHOL 23mg;
SODIUM 626mg; CARB 21g; FIBER 2g; PROTEIN 7g;
VIT A 5%; VIT C 4%; CALC 17%; IRON 2%
1(16-ounce) bag frozen corn
1 tablespoon butter
3 tablespoons frozen diced onions
1 tablespoon frozen diced green peppers
1 tablespoon diced pimentos
1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1. Place corn in large microwave-safe bowl and microwave on DEFROST (30% power) 5 minutes; drain.
2. Preheat large sauté pan on high 1–2 minutes. Place butter in pan and swirl to coat. Add onions, green peppers and pimentos. Sauté, stirring occasionally, 2–3 minutes.
3. Add corn, seasoned salt and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes. Serve.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 128kcal; FAT 4g; CHOL 8mg;
SODIUM 121mg; CARB 25g; FIBER 3g; PROTEIN 4g;
VIT A 7%; VIT C 18%; CALC 0%; IRON 3%
Utensils & Cookware
- large sauté pan
- two microwave-safe bowls with lid
- food processor (optional)
- cooking spoons
- measuring utensils
Fresh corn on cob would be great instead of frozen corn with this meal.
Recipe Version gril0004