Nut-Crusted Turkey With Cranberry Chutney
2 teaspoons fresh basil, divided
1 cup whole berry cranberry sauce
1 cup mango chutney
1/4 cup butter
1 cup mixed nuts
1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
1 teaspoon teriyaki sauce
1/4 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
large zip-top bag
2 tablespoons canola oil
1 1/4 pounds turkey cutlets
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Wash and finely chop basil, removing any tough stems. Place 1 teaspoon in small mixing bowl. Set aside remainder.
3. Add cranberry sauce and chutney; whisk together. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
4. Place butter in 2-cup measuring cup. Microwave on high 1 minute, or until butter is melted.
5. Place nuts and remaining basil in food processor. Pulse until coarsely chopped.
6. Add poultry seasoning, melted butter, and teriyaki sauce; pulse to mix. Set aside.
7. Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high for 2-3 minutes.
8. Place flour, salt and pepper in zip-top bag and shake to mix. Add cutlets to bag; seal tightly and shake to coat. Wash hands.
9. Place oil in pan and swirl to coat. Using tongs, add cutlets and cook 1 minute on each side, to brown. Remove cutlets from pan and place in 9x13-inch baking dish.
10. Spread nut mixture 1/4-inch thick over cutlets. Bake 15 minutes, or until lightly browned. Serve.
Sesame Green Beans
1/2 pound fresh green beans
1/4 cup water
2 tablespoons sesame oil
1 teaspoon sesame seeds
2 teaspoons teriyaki sauce
1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
1. Wash and snap (break) ends from beans.
2. Add beans and water to microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave on high for 5 minutes.
3. Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high for 1-2 minutes.
4. Drain water from beans; add beans and remaining ingredients to sauté pan. Stir and sauté for 1-2 minutes. Serve.
Sweet Potato Biscuits
1 (15-ounce) can yams (drained)
2 cups biscuit baking mix
6 tablespoons reduced fat milk
1/8 teaspoon curry powder
1/8 teaspoon allspice
butter cooking spray
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Place yams in mixing bowl and mash, using fork.
3. Add biscuit baking mix, milk, curry powder and allspice. Mix into a dough using large spoon or hands. Dough will be stiff and tacky.
4. Form into 12 balls, using about 1/4 cup dough for each biscuit. (Balls will be golf ball size.)
5. Place biscuits on baking sheet and pat down to 3/4-inch thickness. Wash hands.
6. Spray biscuits with cooking spray. Let stand 3 minutes.
7. Bake 18-20 minutes. Serve. (Makes 6 servings).
Calories (kcal) 1184; Total Fat (g) 53; Saturated Fat (g) 14; Cholesterol (mg) 118; Carbohydrate (g) 98; Dietary Fiber (g) 15; Protein (g) 48; Sodium (mg) 2379; Potassium (mg) 828; Calcium (mg) 160; Iron (mg) 7
Daily Values: Vitamin A 115%; Vitamin C 29%; Calcium 16%; Iron 32%
Add items to your grocery list by clicking on the next to any item below.
The icon will change to to indicate that it has been added.
Utensils & Cookware
Recipe Version poul0011