Pork Roast With Sweet Balsamic Glaze
5 tablespoons dry mustard, divided
1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
1 teaspoon pepper
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 pork loin or crown roast (4–5 lb)
1 cup dark brown sugar
1/2 cup Dijon mustard
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
2 tablespoons apple cider
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Line roasting pan with foil.
- Combine 3 tablespoons dry mustard, salt, pepper, and oil; rub mixture evenly over pork. Place pork in roasting pan (wash hands); roast 20 minutes to brown.
- Reduce heat to 400°F; roast 55 minutes.
- While pork cooks, prepare glaze. Combine in small saucepan on low: remaining 2 tablespoons dry mustard, brown sugar, Dijon mustard, balsamic vinegar, and cloves; simmer 7–8 minutes or until sauce thickens. Remove from heat.
- Brush pork with 1/3 cup of sauce; roast 20–25 more minutes or until pork is 145°F. Use a meat thermometer to accurately ensure doneness. Transfer roast to cutting board; let stand 10–15 minutes before slicing.
- Stir cider into remaining 2/3 cup of sauce. Slice pork and serve with sauce.
CALORIES (per 1/8 recipe) 390kcal; FAT 15g; CHOL 65mg; SODIUM 630mg; CARB 32g; FIBER 1g; PROTEIN 28g; VIT A 0%; VIT C 0%; CALC 6%; IRON 20%
3 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves, finely chopped
3 tablespoons fresh chives, finely chopped
1 (3-lb) bag baby red potatoes
6 tablespoons olive oil, divided
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Chop thyme and chives.
- Place one-half of the potatoes in a microwave-safe dish and cover; microwave on HIGH 10–12 minutes or until tender when pierced with a fork. Repeat with remaining potatoes.
- Coat two baking sheets with 2 tablespoons oil; place potatoes on baking sheet (3 inches apart); press lightly with potato masher (leaving somewhat intact).
- Drizzle remaining 4 tablespoons oil over potatoes; season with salt, pepper, and herbs. Bake 15–20 minutes or until edges are browned and crispy. Sprinkle with cheese and serve.
CALORIES (per 1/8 recipe) 230kcal; FAT 12g; CHOL 5mg; SODIUM 250mg; CARB 28g; FIBER 3g; PROTEIN 5g; VIT A 2%; VIT C 30%; CALC 8%; IRON 8%
- Complete your meal with fresh salad blend, green bean casserole, dinner rolls, and apple pie for dessert.
- The sauce for the pork can be made days in advance and kept in your refrigerator until time to roast pork.
Recipe Version pork0086