Sweet Pepita-Crusted Pork
1 cup pepitas (roasted pumpkin seeds), finely crushed
Large zip-top bag
1 1/2 teaspoons ground coriander, divided
1/4 + 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper, divided
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 pork tenderloin (about 1 lb)
2 tablespoons canola oil
1 cup half-n-half
1/4 cup agave nectar (or honey)
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Crush pepitas in zip-top bag using smooth side of meat mallet.
- Combine 2/3 cup pepitas, 1 teaspoon ground coriander, 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper; coat pork on all sides (wash hands).
- Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 2–3 minutes. Place oil in pan, then add pork; cook 2–3 minutes on each side until well browned. Transfer pork to 2-quart baking pan (reserve sauté pan for later use). Bake 10–12 minutes or until pork is 145°F. Let pork stand 4–5 minutes before slicing.
- Place same sauté pan on low heat; add half-n-half, agave nectar, and remaining each 1/3 cup pepitas, 1/2 teaspoon coriander, and 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper; cook and stir 2–3 minutes or until thickened. Slice pork and serve with sauce.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 570kcal; FAT 34g; CHOL 105mg; SODIUM 270mg; CARB 21g; FIBER 2g; PROTEIN 43g; VIT A 10%; VIT C 2%; CALC 10%; IRON 25%
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, finely chopped
1 (16-oz) box frozen yucca croquettes
1 (16-oz) container mild cheese (queso) dip
1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Cut butter into pieces; place in small bowl to soften. Chop cilantro; add to butter.
- Arrange yucca in single layer in 9-inch-square baking dish; bake 15 minutes or until yucca is crisp and golden.
- Microwave cheese sauce on HIGH 1–1 1/2 minutes or until warm and pourable; pour evenly over yucca.
- Blend panko into butter mixture with fingertips until blended and crumbly; sprinkle over cheese sauce. Bake 10–12 minutes or until topping is crisp and golden. Serve. (Makes 6 servings.)
CALORIES (per 1/6 recipe) 400kcal; FAT 22g; CHOL 35mg; SODIUM 1050mg; CARB 35g; FIBER 1g; PROTEIN 12g; VIT A 10%; VIT C 10%; CALC 30%; IRON 4%
- Complete your meal with fresh salad blend, Cuban bread, and coconut custard pie for dessert.
- The yucca croquettes have a mild, starchy flavor similar to a fried potato. The addition of the cheese dip adds a rich, festive flavor.
Recipe Version pork0085