Balsamic Chicken With Baby Greens
1 1/4 lb boneless chicken cutlets
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1/8 teaspoon fresh rosemary, finely snipped
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1 bag baby salad greens (5–7 oz)
- Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 2–3 minutes. Season both sides of chicken with salt and pepper (wash hands).
- Place oil in pan, then add chicken and cover; cook 4–5 minutes on each side or until 165°F. Meanwhile, snip rosemary, leaves only, using kitchen shears.
- Add remaining ingredients (including rosemary); rotate chicken to top of greens and cover. Remove from heat; let stand 1–2 minutes or until greens are wilted. Serve.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 230kcal; FAT 10g; CHOL 80mg; SODIUM 250mg; CARB 4g; FIBER 1g; PROTEIN 30g; VIT A 60%; VIT C 25%; CALC 4%; IRON 15%
Sun-Dried Tomato Gnocchi
1/2 cup canned artichoke hearts
1/2 cup julienne-cut sun-dried tomatoes
1 (14-oz) can reduced-sodium chicken broth
2 1/2 cups water
16 oz gnocchi pasta
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon shredded Parmesan cheese
- Dice artichokes and tomatoes coarsely; set aside.
- Reserve 1/4 cup of the chicken broth; set aside. Combine remaining broth (about 1 1/2 cups) and water; cover and bring to boil on high for gnocchi.
- Add gnocchi to boiling broth mixture (if needed, separate gnocchi before dropping into water). Cook and stir 4 minutes or until tender.
- Drain gnocchi. Return empty saucepan to medium-high heat. Place remaining 1/4 cup chicken broth, artichokes, and tomatoes in pan; cook 2–3 minutes or until heated.
- Gently stir gnocchi, butter, and cheese into tomato mixture; cook 1 more minute or until butter and cheese melts. Serve.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 240kcal; FAT 4g; CHOL 31mg; SODIUM 700mg; CARB 24g; FIBER 3g; PROTEIN 7g; VIT A 8%; VIT C 6%; CALC 4%; IRON 10%
- Complete your meal with sourdough bread and pound cake with strawberries for dessert.
- Add 1 more tablespoon each of the butter and cheese for even creamier gnocchi.
Recipe Version poul0008