4 boneless chicken cutlets (1–1 1/4 lb)
6–8 thin prosciutto slices (4 oz)
2 teaspoons dry chicken rub seasoning
1/4 cup garlic herb mayonnaise
Toothpicks (or 4 small skewers)
1 tablespoon canola oil
1 (14-oz) can whole berry cranberry sauce
1/2 cup sweet vermouth (or apple cider)
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Place 1 cutlet on top of 1 1/2–2 prosciutto slices; repeat with remaining cutlets. (Split prosciutto lengthwise, if needed.) Sprinkle cutlets with seasoning; coat with mayonnaise. Roll (or fold) each cutlet, starting at small end and tucking in ends of prosciutto; secure with toothpicks (wash hands).
- Preheat oil in large nonstick sauté pan 2–3 minutes on medium-high, then add chicken, seam side down; cook 2–3 minutes on each side or until golden.
- Place chicken on baking sheet; bake 12–15 minutes or until chicken is 165°F.
- Place cranberry sauce and vermouth in same sauté pan; cook 4–5 minutes or until sauce is reduced by about one-third. Serve with chicken.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 420kcal; FAT 12g; CHOL 85mg; SODIUM 910mg; CARB 43g; FIBER 1g; PROTEIN 30g; VIT A 0%; VIT C 0%; CALC 2%; IRON 6%
Winter Squash Casserole
3 medium parsnips (about 3/4 lb)
1 butternut squash (about 1 1/2 lb)
Zest of 1 lemon
1 (6-oz) bag dried fruit bits
1 tablespoon water
1 teaspoon cornstarch
1 cup apple butter
1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
2 cups mini marshmallows, divided
- Peel parsnips; cut into 1/2-inch cubes; place in microwave-safe dish and microwave on HIGH 3 minutes.
- Cut squash in half; peel squash and remove seeds, then cut into 1/2-inch cubes (4 cups).
- Zest/grate lemon peel (no white, 1 teaspoon).
- Stir into parsnips: squash, dried fruit, and water; microwave on HIGH 10 more minutes. Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Toss squash mixture with cornstarch. Stir in apple butter, condensed milk, lemon zest, and 1 cup marshmallows.
- Transfer mixture to 13- x 9-inch baking dish; top with remaining 1 cup of marshmallows. Bake 20–25 minutes or until top is browned and squash is tender. Serve.
CALORIES (per 1/8 recipe) 280kcal; FAT 2g; CHOL 5mg; SODIUM 55mg; CARB 66g; FIBER 5g; PROTEIN 4g; VIT A 160%; VIT C 30%; CALC 10%; IRON 8%
- Complete your meal with fresh salad blend, hard rolls, and Key lime pie for dessert.
- You can use 2 cups fresh cranberries, instead of canned; cook an additional 5 minutes or until the berries "pop" and begin to break down.
Recipe Version poul0144