Grilled Ham Steak
1 lower-sodium ham center slice (about 1.3 lb)
3 tablespoons teriyaki marinade
1 (8-ounce) can pineapple rings in juice (drained)
1. Preheat 2-sided tabletop grill. Cut ham into four portions, removing and discarding bone. Slice through skin on edge of ham to prevent ham from curling (wash hands). Brush marinade over both sides of ham and pineapple.
2. Arrange ham and pineapple rings on grill (wash hands). Close lid and grill 4–5 minutes or until internal temperature of ham reaches 140°F. Use a meat thermometer to accurately ensure doneness. (If using regular grill, double cooking time, turning once.) Serve.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 270kcal; FAT 16g; CHOL 70mg;
SODIUM 1860mg; CARB 15g; FIBER 0g; PROTEIN 23g;
VIT A 0%; VIT C 6%; CALC 0%; IRON 4%
Microwave Scalloped Potatoes
1 teaspoon garlic butter
1/4 cup frozen pre-diced onions
1 tablespoon cooked bacon pieces
1 (15-ounce) jar Alfredo sauce
1 (20-ounce) bag refrigerated homestyle sliced potatoes, divided
1/2 cup French-fried onions, divided
1. Place garlic butter and onions in large microwave-safe bowl; microwave on HIGH 2 minutes or until onions begin to soften.
2. Stir in bacon and Alfredo sauce; microwave on HIGH 1–2 more minutes or until sauce is heated. Coat 2-quart microwave-safe dish with cooking spray.
3. Arrange one-third of the potatoes in dish. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of the fried onions; then spoon one-third of the sauce over potatoes. Repeat layer two more times. Settle layers by pressing firmly with back of spoon.
4. Top with remaining fried onions. Microwave on HIGH 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. (Makes 6 servings.)
CALORIES (per 1/6 recipe) 230kcal; FAT 15g; CHOL 45mg;
SODIUM 670mg; CARB 20g; FIBER 1g; PROTEIN 5g;
VIT A 8%; VIT C 0%; CALC 4%; IRON 2%
Utensils & Cookware
- 2-sided tabletop grill
- large microwave-safe bowl
- 2-quart microwave-safe dish
- basting brush
- cooking spoon
- meat thermometer
- knife and cutting board
- measuring utensils
Fresh pineapple can be used instead of canned.
Recipe Version gril0014