Zest/juice of 2 oranges
Zest/juice of 2 lemons
2 tablespoons ginger spice paste
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup water
1 pork tenderloin (about 1 lb)
1 tablespoon canola oil
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat grill pan (or grill).
- Zest/grate fruit (no white) for peel; orange (1 teaspoon) and lemon (1/2 teaspoon).
- Squeeze fruit for juice; oranges (1 cup) and lemons (1/4 cup).
- Combine in medium saucepan: juices, zests, ginger paste, honey, and water on medium; simmer 7–8 minutes or until mixture has thickened and reduced to about 1 cup.
- Coat pork with oil, salt, and pepper (wash hands), then place in grill pan (or on grill); grill 12–15 minutes, turning often, or until pork is 145°F. Baste with honey glaze during last 2–3 minutes of grill time. Remove pork from heat and let stand 4–5 minutes; slice pork and serve with remaining glaze.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 380kcal; FAT 10g; CHOL 80mg; SODIUM 200mg; CARB 46g; FIBER 0g; PROTEIN 26g; VIT A 2%; VIT C 100%; CALC 2%; IRON 8%
Sweet Potato Samosa Casserole
1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
2 large sweet potatoes, coarsely chopped
1 medium yellow onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1/4 jalapeño pepper, finely chopped (optional)
Juice of 1/2 lemon
2 tablespoons canola oil
2 teaspoons garam masala
2 teaspoons curry powder
3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/2 cup frozen sweet peas
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Remove 1 pastry sheet from package and thaw (20–30 minutes).
- Cut potatoes into bite-size pieces; place in microwave-safe dish and cover. Microwave on HIGH 7–8 minutes or until tender when pierced with a fork.
- Chop onion and garlic; chop jalapeño pepper (1/2 teaspoon). Squeeze one-half lemon for juice (1 tablespoon).
- Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 2–3 minutes. Place oil, onions, garlic, and jalapeño in pan; cook 3–4 minutes or until golden and tender.
- Stir in sweet potatoes, garam masala, curry powder, salt, and pepper; cook and stir 4–5 minutes or until potatoes start to break down. Mash mixture with back of spoon until coarsely mashed.
- Remove pan from heat; stir in peas and lemon juice. Transfer mixture to 9-inch-square baking dish; trim puff pastry to fit and place on top. Bake 15–20 minutes or until pastry is golden and puffed. Serve. (Makes 6 servings.)
CALORIES (per 1/6 recipe) 240kcal; FAT 13g; CHOL 0mg; SODIUM 310mg; CARB 26g; FIBER 3g; PROTEIN 4; VIT A 190%; VIT C 20%; CALC 2%; IRON 10%
- Complete your meal with fresh salad blend, whole wheat bread, and carrot cake for dessert.
- Glazing the pork will create a sticky and slightly charred exterior. Turning often is important to prevent the glaze from burning.
Recipe Version pork0082