1 1/2 lb 1-inch-thick steaks (ribeye, strip, or sirloin)
1 teaspoon garlic salt
1 teaspoon seasoned pepper
2 tablespoons butter
1/4 cup fresh pre-diced onions
- Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 2–3 minutes. Season both sides of steaks with garlic salt and pepper (wash hands).
- Place butter in pan, then add steaks; cook 5 minutes. (Do not turn steaks.)
- Turn steaks. Add onions around steaks; cook 4–5 more minutes or until steaks are 145°F [for medium-rare]. Cut steaks into four portions; serve onions over steaks.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 260kcal; FAT 14g; CHOL 105mg; SODIUM 350mg; CARB 2g; FIBER 0g; PROTEIN 31g; VIT A 4%; VIT C 0%; CALC 2%; IRON 10%
Bananas Foster Cheesecake
1/4 cup butter
3/4 cup light brown sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon rum extract
1 teaspoon banana extract
4 slices Bakery NY-style cheesecake
- Peel bananas and cut into 1/2-inch slices; set aside. Melt butter with sugar and cinnamon in large sauté pan on medium-high 1–2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Stir in lemon juice and both extracts. Add bananas; cook and stir 1–2 minutes or until hot. Serve immediately over cheesecake. (Also great over creme cake or ice cream.)
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 560kcal; FAT 31g; CHOL 105mg; SODIUM 300mg; CARB 68g; FIBER 2g; PROTEIN 5g; VIT A 20%; VIT C 10%; CALC 8%; IRON 2%
CALORIES (per 1/4 sauce only recipe) 310kcal; FAT 11g; CHOL 30mg; SODIUM 100mg; CARB 55g; FIBER 2g; PROTEIN 1g; VIT A 8%; VIT C 10%; CALC 4%; IRON 2%
- Complete your meal with a mixed vegetable blend, a fresh salad blend, and dinner rolls.
- Cooking the steak for the first five minutes without turning helps to develop a dark outer surface and increases flavor.
Recipe Version beef0028