3 lb pork baby back ribs
3 tablespoons mesquite seasoning
Meat marinade (optional)
1 cup barbecue sauce
2 tablespoons Bakery apple butter
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place ribs on foil in single layer. Season ribs by rubbing the seasoning into ribs on both sides (wash hands). Bring up ends of foil and double-fold ends to seal; double-fold both sides up to completely seal ribs. Place on baking sheet; bake 2 hours or until tender. (Or cook on a preheated covered grill.)
- Open foil pack and lightly coat ribs with marinade (which enhances the flavor and improves the outside of the ribs). Leaving foil pack open, bake ribs 10 more minutes. (If grilling, place ribs directly on grill rack.) Lightly coat ribs with marinade when done.
- Combine barbecue sauce and apple butter in a microwave-safe dish and cover; microwave on HIGH 1–2 minutes or until hot. Serve sauce with the ribs for dipping.
CALORIES (per 1/6 recipe) 460kcal; FAT 29g; CHOL 115mg; SODIUM 950mg; CARB 19g; FIBER 0g; PROTEIN 31g; VIT A 0%; VIT C 0%; CALC 6%; IRON 6%
Sweet Potato Stacks
3 large sweet potatoes, sliced
1/4 cup pecans, chopped
2 tablespoons canola oil
1 tablespoon mesquite seasoning
1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
1/4 cup cooked bacon pieces
2 teaspoons white balsamic glaze
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Peel sweet potatoes; cut into 3/4-inch-thick slices. Chop pecans.
- Combine potatoes, oil, and seasoning until evenly coated. Place potatoes on baking sheet; bake 30–40 minutes or until tender and golden. (Or grill for 4–5 minutes on each side.) Place on serving platter.
- Combine remaining ingredients; top potatoes with mixture. Drizzle with more glaze, if desired. Serve.
CALORIES (per 1/6 recipe) 190kcal; FAT 12g; CHOL 10mg; SODIUM 470mg; CARB 15g; FIBER 2g; PROTEIN 6g; VIT A 240%; VIT C 15%; CALC 8%; IRON 4%
- Complete your meal with cole slaw, garlic bread, and apple pie for dessert.
- Grilling out or cooking inside? We give you both options in the recipe steps.
Recipe Version pork0081