Glazed Stuffed Chicken
2 cups chicken stuffing mix
1 cup chicken broth
1/3 cup dried cherry-flavored cranberries
3 chicken breast fillets (about 1 1/4 lbs)
2 tablespoons apple butter
2 tablespoons black cherry all-fruit spread
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat large baking dish with cooking spray.
- Combine in medium bowl, stuffing mix, chicken broth, and cranberries; set aside.
- Butterfly chicken. (To butterfly, lay chicken fillet flat. Slice through center of fillet, starting with thicker side, and leaving 1/2 inch uncut to hold top and bottom slices together.) Open chicken and place in baking dish.
- Top bottom half of each fillet with about 1/3 cup stuffing; fold top half over stuffing (wash hands). Spoon remaining stuffing in baking dish around chicken.
- Combine apple butter and fruit spread in small bowl; spoon evenly over top of chicken. Bake 25–30 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165°F. Use a meat thermometer to accurately ensure doneness. Cut chicken into 4 portions and serve.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 350kcal; FAT 5g; CHOL 85mg; SODIUM 790mg; CARB 36g; FIBER 2g; PROTEIN 36g; VIT A 0%; VIT C 2%; CALC 4%; IRON 10%
Spinach Mashed Potatoes
5 ounces fresh spinach leaves
1 tablespoon garlic butter
1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
1 (24-ounce) package refrigerated mashed potatoes
- Chop spinach coarsely, using clean knife and cutting board (or kitchen shears); place in microwave-safe bowl.
- Add butter and seasoned salt; cover and microwave on HIGH 2 minutes or until spinach begins to wilt.
- Stir in potatoes; cover and microwave 4 more minutes or until potatoes are thoroughly heated. Stir and serve.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 240kcal; FAT 15g; CHOL 30mg; SODIUM 870mg; CARB 22g; FIBER 2g; PROTEIN 3g; VIT A 80%; VIT C 15%; CALC 8%; IRON 8%
Utensils & Cookware
- large baking dish
- microwave-safe bowl with lid
- mixing bowls, cooking spoons
- kitchen shears (optional)
- meat thermometer
- knife and cutting board
- measuring utensils
This recipe is elegant enough for special occasions, but simple enough to have anytime.
Recipe Version poul0038