2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, finely chopped
1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
1 large white onion, thinly sliced
3 cloves fresh garlic, coarsely chopped
2 links cured chorizo sausage (about 3 oz)
1 (5-gr) packet Sazón seasoning with annatto, coriander
1 (14-oz) package Mexican melting cheese
1 lb ground pork
8 large flour tortillas
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Chop cilantro; set aside.
- Slice peppers and onions; place in large bowl. Chop garlic; add to peppers.
- Cut chorizo in half lengthwise, then turn and slice thinly; add to peppers.
- Stir Sazón into pepper mixture until evenly blended.
- Cut cheese into 1-inch pieces and place in 2-quart baking dish; bake 8–10 minutes or until melted and bubbly.
- Preheat large sauté pan on medium 2–3 minutes. Place pepper mixture in pan; cook and stir 3–4 minutes or until vegetables have softened and chorizo has become oily.
- Stir in ground pork; cook and stir 3–5 more minutes or until pork is browned and no pink remains. Drain to remove fat. (Heat tortillas following package instructions, if desired.)
- Remove baking dish from oven (make sure cheese is bubbly). Pour pork mixture evenly over cheese; sprinkle with cilantro. Spoon mixture into tortillas and serve. (Makes 8 servings.)
CALORIES (per 1/8 recipe) 440kcal; FAT 24g; CHOL 80mg; SODIUM 890mg; CARB 28g; FIBER 2g; PROTEIN 28g; VIT A 30%; VIT C 110%; CALC 40%; IRON 15%
Sautéed Squash With Recaito
5 medium yellow squash
1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced
1 (12-oz) jar roasted red peppers, thinly sliced
1 tablespoon canola oil
2 tablespoons recaito seasoning sauce
- Cut squash in half lengthwise then turn and slice thinly; place in medium bowl.
- Slice onion and red peppers; add to squash.
- Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 2–3 minutes. Place oil in pan, then add vegetables; cook and stir 4–5 minutes or until squash is tender.
- Stir in recaito until well blended. Serve.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 80kcal; FAT 4g; CHOL 0mg; SODIUM 170mg; CARB 11g; FIBER 2g; PROTEIN 1g; VIT A 45%; VIT C 80%; CALC 4%; IRON 6%
- Complete your meal with black beans and rice, avocado slices, and rice pudding for dessert.
- Be sure to serve the queso fundido while still piping hot; the cheese will become tough and chewy as it cools.
Recipe Version pork0055