Italian Steak Fettuccine
3 plum tomatoes
1 yellow pepper
1 medium purple onion
1 1/2 pounds sirloin steak
1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
1/4 teaspoon Montreal steak seasoning
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 pound fresh sliced mushrooms
8 ounces fettuccine
1/2 cup Burgundy wine
1/4 cup pesto sauce
grated Parmesan cheese, to taste
1. Fill saucepan 3/4 full with hot water, cover and bring to boil on high heat.
2. Preheat oven to 400°F.
3. Wash all vegetables. Dice tomatoes and zucchini into 1-inch pieces and place together in medium mixing bowl. Dice pepper and onion into 1/4-inch pieces and place in small mixing bowl. Set all vegetables aside.
4. Preheat sauté pan on high for 1-2 minutes.
5. Cut steak into four servings. Season steak with seasoned salt and steak seasoning. Wash hands.
6. Place olive oil in sauté pan, swirling to coat pan. Using tongs, place steak in sauté pan. Add onions and pepper to steak; cook for 2-3 minutes on each side.
7. Remove steaks from pan, place in oven-safe dish. Place steak in oven to finish cooking (about 15 minutes). Add tomatoes, mushrooms and zucchini to onions and peppers in sauté pan. Sauté for 3-4 minutes.
8. Check water for boil; add pasta and boil until al dente, stirring occasionally, about 8-10 minutes.
9. Add wine to vegetable mixture, cover, turn to low and simmer for 5-6 minutes. Set aside.
10. When pasta is finished cooking, drain in colander. Toss pasta with pesto and sautéed vegetables. Divide pasta mixture into four equal servings and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Serve with steak on side.
Six Cheese Garlic Bread
1 Bakery baguette
4 tablespoons garlic butter
1/2 cup shredded Italian cheese
1/4 teaspoon sweet basil
1. Preheat oven on 400°F.
2. Cut bread in half lengthwise.
3. Top each bread section with half of garlic butter, then half of cheese. Sprinkle basil on top.
4. Place on baking sheet in middle of oven. Bake for 5-7 minutes. (Makes 6 servings.)
Calories (kcal) 1048; Total Fat (g) 47.7; Saturated Fat (g) 15.1; Cholesterol (mg) 133; Carbohydrate (g) 76; Dietary Fiber (g) 7; Protein (g) 48; Sodium (mg) 793; Potassium (mg) 1250; Calcium (mg) 151; Iron (mg) 8
Daily Values: Vitamin A 22%; Vitamin C 175%; Calcium 15%; Iron 42%
Add items to your grocery list by clicking on the next to any item below.
The icon will change to to indicate that it has been added.
Utensils & Cookware
Recipe Version past0013