Fig and Rosemary Pork
1 tablespoon fresh rosemary leaves, finely chopped
3 shallots, thinly sliced
10 small fresh figs, coarsely chopped
1 pork tenderloin (about 1 lb)
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
4 oz Deli diced pancetta (or bacon)
1 cup fresh pre-sliced baby portabellas
3/4 cup Marsala wine
1/3 cup fat-free chicken broth
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Chop rosemary (leaves only).
- Slice shallots; chop figs (1/2 cup each).
- Season pork with rosemary, salt, pepper, and 1 tablespoon oil; let stand 5–10 minutes to marinate. Preheat grill pan (or grill).
- Place pork in grill pan (or on grill); grill 15–20 minutes, turning occasionally, or until 145°F (for medium). Let stand 5–10 minutes before slicing.
- Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 2–3 minutes. Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil, then add pancetta, mushrooms, shallots, and figs; cook 2–3 minutes or until pancetta is golden and mushrooms are tender.
- Add wine; cook 2–3 minutes, stirring often, or until liquid has reduced by about one-half.
- Add broth; cook 2–3 more minutes. Remove pan from heat; stir in butter. Slice pork, then top with sauce. Serve.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 550kcal; FAT 27g; CHOL 120mg; SODIUM 760mg; CARB 30g; FIBER 3g; PROTEIN 36g; VIT A 10%; VIT C 6%; CALC 6%; IRON 10%
1 prepared pie crust
8 small fresh figs, stems removed
2 teaspoons cinnamon sugar
butter cooking spray
4 teaspoons honey
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Cut crust into eight 3-inch squares; place figs in center of each square. Sprinkle cinnamon sugar over figs. Bring sides of dough up around figs and pinch together.
- Coat muffin tin (or baking sheet) with spray, then add pastries; bake 12–15 minutes or until golden. Remove from oven; let stand to cool. Drizzle with honey; serve.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 340kcal; FAT 15g; CHOL 0mg; SODIUM 240mg; CARB 52g; FIBER 3g; PROTEIN 2g; VIT A 2%; VIT C 2%; CALC 4%; IRON 4%
- Complete your meal with mashed potatoes, fresh salad blend, and mini croissants.
- Serve the figlets with vanilla (or your favorite flavor) ice cream.
Recipe Version pork0075