8 slices bacon
butter cooking spray
1/2 cup pre-diced red onion
1 1/2 cups refrigerated egg substitute
1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese
1 teaspoon vegetable seasoning blend
4 (10-inch) flour tortillas
1. Place separated bacon slices between double layers of paper towels on microwave-safe plate. Microwave on HIGH 8-10 minutes until crisp. CAUTION! Plate may become hot!
2. Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 2–3 minutes. Spray pan with cooking spray and add onions; cook 3–4 minutes until onions begin to brown.
3. Stir in eggs, 1/2 cup cheese and seasoning; cook 1–2 minutes, stirring continuously, until eggs are cooked. Lay tortillas out on work surface. Divide egg mixture between tortillas, spreading over one half of each tortilla, to within 1/2-inch of edge. Top each with 1/4 cup cheese and 2 bacon slices; fold tortillas in half over filling.
4. Return sauté pan to medium-high heat. Spray with cooking spray. Place two quesadillas in pan, sprayed side down. Lightly coat top with cooking spray and cook 2–3 minutes per side until golden brown. Repeat. Serve.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 488kcal; FAT 25g; CHOL 60mg; SODIUM 1188mg; CARB 37g; FIBER 3g; PROTEIN 29g; VIT A 32%; VIT C 2%; CALC 40%; IRON 22%
1/2 cup thick and chunky salsa
1/4 cup light sour cream
1/4 cup shredded Cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese
1. Combine all ingredients in small bowl. Chill until ready to serve.
2. Serve with quesadillas, tortilla chips or enchiladas.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 58kcal; FAT 4g; CHOL 13mg; SODIUM 288mg; CARB 5g; FIBER 0g; PROTEIN 2g; VIT A 6%; VIT C 0%; CALC 7%; IRON 0%
Seasoned Hash Browns
3 tablespoons butter
5 cups frozen O'Brien potatoes
2 teaspoons vegetable seasoning blend
1. Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 2–3 minutes.
2. Place butter in pan; add potatoes and seasoning. Cook 18–20 minutes, stirring occasionally, to allow potatoes to brown. Serve.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 175kcal; FAT 8g; CHOL 23mg; SODIUM 363mg; CARB 23g; FIBER 2g; PROTEIN 0g; VIT A 6%; VIT C 14%; CALC 0%; IRON 0%
Utensils & Cookware
- 2 large sauté pans
- microwave-safe plate
- small bowl
- cooking spoons
- measuring utensils
Roll the tortillas around the egg filling and then wrap in foil for a
great on-the-go breakfast wrap.
Recipe Version eggs0008