Summer Seafood Rolls
4 Bakery hot dog buns
2 ribs celery, finely chopped
1/3 cup green onions, thinly sliced
1/4 cup Italian parsley, finely chopped
Juice of 2 lemons
2 teaspoons + 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
3 tablespoons + 2 teaspoons herb garlic butter, divided
1 lb peeled/deveined shrimp
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/8 teaspoon truffle oil (optional)
- Cut hot dog buns in half lengthwise, leaving 1/2-inch uncut.
- Reserve yellow leaves from center of celery (1/2 cup); chop celery (1/4 cup). Chop green onions and parsley.
- Squeeze lemons for juice (3 tablespoons).
- Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 2–3 minutes. Place 2 teaspoons olive oil and 1 tablespoon herb butter in pan, then add shrimp; cook 2–3 minutes or until shrimp are opaque. Transfer shrimp and pan juices to medium bowl; chill 4–5 minutes (or may be served at room temperature). Reduce heat to medium.
- Spread 2 teaspoons herb butter inside each bun. Toast buns in same pan, butter side down, 1–2 minutes or until golden; set aside.
- Whisk together: lemon juice, 1/3 cup olive oil, truffle oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and pepper.
- Stir into shrimp: celery, celery leaves, parsley, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Add dressing and toss to coat. Fill buns with seafood mixture and serve.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 480kcal; FAT 34g; CHOL 210mg; SODIUM 590mg; CARB 20g; FIBER 1g; PROTEIN 22g; VIT A 25%; VIT C 25%; CALC 6%; IRON 20%
Chunky Avocado Salad
2 medium avocados, coarsely chopped
1 large tomato, coarsely chopped
1/3 cup black olives, coarsely chopped
1/4 cup green onions, coarsely chopped
Juice of 1 lemon
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Cut avocados and tomato into bite-size pieces; chop olives and green onions.
- Squeeze lemon for juice (2 tablespoons) into salad bowl.
- Add salt and pepper to lemon juice; whisk in oil.
- Add remaining ingredients; gently toss to coat. Serve.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 240kcal; FAT 22g; CHOL 0mg; SODIUM 180mg; CARB 13g; FIBER 8g; PROTEIN 3g; VIT A 20%; VIT C 40%; CALC 4%; IRON 8%
- Complete your meal with fresh ears of corn, sweet potato fries, and a decadent chocolate dessert.
- This seafood roll can be made with shrimp, scallops, lobster, or a combination of seafood.
- Truffle oil adds a gourmet touch to make this a restaurant-quality meal.
Recipe Version 08/11-0103