2 Bakery deli-style sub rolls
1/2 cup ketchup
2 tablespoons creamy mustard sauce
1 1/2 lb ground beef chuck
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/2 cup prepared Cheddar cheese sauce, divided
1/2 cup pre-diced tomatoes, divided
1/2 cup pre-diced red onions, divided
2 cups lettuce shreds, divided
- Preheat grill (or grill pan).
- Slice bread in half lengthwise, leaving 1-inch uncut.
- Combine ketchup and mustard sauce; spread over inside of each sub roll. Place rolls on a sheet of foil; set aside.
- Form ground beef into four patties (wash hands). Season beef patties with salt and pepper. Place patties on grill (or in grill pan); grill 3–4 minutes on each side or until 160°F.
- Cut burgers in half and place inside sub rolls; top each with 1/4 cup cheese sauce, 1/4 cup tomatoes, and 1/4 cup onions. Bring sides of foil up around roll and place over indirect heat on grill; grill (or bake in oven at 400°F) 6–7 minutes or until bread is toasted and cheese is hot. Add lettuce shreds, then cut each sub into 3 equal pieces; serve.
Note: Cut subs into even smaller portions for an easy-to-manage appetizer.
CALORIES (per 1/6 recipe) 350kcal; FAT 19g; CHOL 80mg; SODIUM 760mg; CARB 22g; FIBER 2g; PROTEIN 24g; VIT A 8%; VIT C 15%; CALC 6%; IRON 20%
Ice Cream Soda Sparklers
6 tablespoons cherry-flavored syrup
48 oz ginger ale, chilled
12 maraschino cherries
6 (1/2-cup) scoops vanilla (or other flavor) ice cream
- Chill (12–16 oz) soda glasses in freezer for 30 minutes.
- Chill soda.
- Drizzle 1 tablespoon cherry syrup around inside rim of each glass. Slowly add ginger ale (leaving room for ice cream).
- Add 2 cherries to each, then add ice cream (the soda will foam underneath the ice cream). Serve.
CALORIES (per 1/6 recipe) 260kcal; FAT 7g; CHOL 30mg; SODIUM 80mg; CARB 49g; FIBER 1g; PROTEIN 2g; VIT A 6%; VIT C 0%; CALC 8%; IRON 0%
- Complete your meal with French fries, corn on the cob, and cupcakes for dessert.
- Try Birthday Cake-flavored ice cream for a festive, red, white, and blue dessert sparkler.
Recipe Version soup0102