Simple Seared Steaks
1 1/2 lb grilling steaks (such as ribeye, strip, or top sirloin)
1 1/2 teaspoons steak seasoning blend
1 teaspoon fennel seeds
1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 2–3 minutes. Cut steak into four portions; coat both sides of steaks with seasonings.
- Place oil in pan, then add steaks; cook 3–4 minutes on each side or until 145°F (for medium-rare). Let stand 5 minutes; serve.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 240kcal; FAT 12g; CHOL 90mg; SODIUM 180mg; CARB 0g; FIBER 0g; PROTEIN 29g; VIT A 0%; VIT C 0%; CALC 2%; IRON 10%
Tomato and Ham Pie
4 medium tomatoes
1 (1-oz) package fresh basil, coarsely chopped
1 (4-oz) package sliced prosciutto
1 frozen prepared pie crust
1/4 cup Italian-style bread crumbs
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
1/3 cup light mayonnaise
1/3 cup garlic/herb cheese spread
- Preheat oven 400°F.
- Cut tomatoes into 1/4-inch-thick slices.
- Chop basil.
- Cut prosciutto into thin strips.
- Place crust on baking sheet (for ease in handling); bake 8–10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Combine bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese; sprinkle 2 tablespoons over bottom of crust. Layer with one-half of the tomatoes, sprinkle with one-half of the salt and pepper, then add a layer of one-half of the prosciutto.
- Combine mayonnaise, cheese spread, and basil; spread mixture over prosciutto. Repeat layers of tomato, salt, pepper, and prosciutto. Top with remaining 1/4 cup bread crumb mixture. Bake 20–25 minutes or until tomatoes are soft and crust has browned. May be served warm or chilled. (Makes 8 servings.)
CALORIES (per 1/8 recipe) 230kcal; FAT 15g; CHOL 25mg; SODIUM 760mg; CARB 18g; FIBER 1g; PROTEIN 8g; VIT A 10%; VIT C 25%; CALC 4%; IRON 8%
- Complete your meal with a fresh salad blend, crusty baguette, and cheesecake for dessert.
- The tomato pie can be refrigerated and served cold for a great potluck side dish. It can also be prepared the day before and baked when needed
Recipe Version beef0079