1 pound ground round
one 4-ounce can diced chiles
1 cup frozen diced onions
one 26-ounce jar tomato basil pasta sauce
one 14 1/2-ounce can stewed tomatoes
1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
1/2 tablespoon pesto
12 ounces dry ziti pasta (approximately 3/4 box)
vegetable cooking spray
3 cups fancy shredded Italian blend cheese
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Fill one saucepan 3/4 full with hot water. Cover and place on high heat to boil for pasta.
3. In second saucepan over medium-high heat, add ground round, chilies and onion. Cook until meat is browned, breaking up meat as it cooks. Drain well.
4. Add pasta sauce, canned tomatoes, Italian seasoning and pesto into the saucepan, and mix well. Reduce heat to simmer.
5. Check pasta water for boil. When boiling, add ziti and cook per package
directions for al dente (about 9 minutes) and drain.
6. Spray baking dish with cooking spray.
7. Pour ziti into baking dish, top with sauce, mix to coat all pasta. Cover with shredded cheese, place in oven and bake approximately 12-15 minutes. (Makes 8 servings.)
European Side Salad
6 cups European salad blend (3/4 bag)
12 baby carrots
4 plum tomatoes
1/4 cup balsamic vinaigrette salad dressing
4 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
1. Place salad blend in salad bowl.
2. Chop carrots and tomatoes into bite-size pieces and add to bowl.
3. Add dressing and toss to coat.
4. Spoon into 4 individual serving bowls, sprinkle with cheese and serve.
Calories (kcal) 616; Total Fat (g) 31; Saturated Fat (g) 12; Cholesterol (mg) 75; Carbohydrates (g) 47; Dietary Fiber (g) 7.2; Protein (g) 33; Sodium (mg) 1143; Potassium (mg) 712 Calcium (mg) 493; Iron (mg) 4
Daily Values: Vitamin A 167%; Vitamin C 46%; Calcium 49%; Iron 22%
Add items to your grocery list by clicking on the next to any item below.
The icon will change to to indicate that it has been added.
Utensils & Cookware
Recipe Version past0006