Green Chile Chicken Over Asparagus
1 lb fresh asparagus spears
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 tablespoon garlic/herb seasoning
1 tablespoon canola oil
2 tablespoons + 3/4 cup water, divided
3/4 cup plain Greek (or regular) yogurt
1 (1.25-oz) packet broccoli cheese soup mix
1/4 cup diced green chiles
- Trim asparagus, removing tough root end.
- Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 2–3 minutes. Coat both sides of chicken with garlic/herb seasoning. Place oil in pan, then add chicken; cook 2–3 minutes on each side or until golden.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Arrange asparagus spears over chicken. Add 2 tablespoons water and cover; cook 4–5 minutes or until chicken is 165°F and asparagus is tender. Transfer asparagus to serving plates; top with chicken.
- Whisk together 3/4 cup water, yogurt, and dry soup mix in small saucepan; bring just to a boil on medium. Reduce heat to low and stir in green chilies; simmer 2–3 minutes or until thickened. Spoon sauce over chicken and serve.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 390kcal; FAT 16g; CHOL 135mg; SODIUM 810mg; CARB 11g; FIBER 2g; PROTEIN 52g; VIT A 20%; VIT C 20%; CALC 10%; IRON 15%
4 oz cream cheese
1/2 cup tomato basil bruschetta topping
1/2 cup fried peppers and onions
4 Deli pita bread
4 oz Deli classic hummus
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Cut cream cheese into cubes; let stand at room temperature to soften.
- Combine bruschetta topping and fried peppers and onions. Bake bread 5 minutes or until toasted.
- Blend cream cheese and hummus together until smooth. Spread hummus mixture evenly over each toast; top with bruschetta mixture. Bake 3 more minutes or until hot. Serve.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 320kcal; FAT 19g; CHOL 30mg; SODIUM 750mg; CARB 20g; FIBER 5g; PROTEIN 7g; VIT A 15%; VIT C 70%; CALC 6%; IRON 4%
- Complete your meal with a Caesar salad and apple pie for dessert.
- For a milder version, use fewer chiles in the sauce.
- Try the crostini with any flavor hummus.
Recipe Version poul0122