Italian Braised Beef Short Ribs With Gnocchi
1 medium onion, thinly sliced
1/4 cup sun-dried tomato spread
1 (1.3-oz) packet Parma Rosa sauce mix, divided
1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
2 lb beef chuck short ribs
1 (24-oz) jar arrabbiata (or marinara) specialty pasta sauce, divided
1 (14-oz) can low-sodium beef broth, divided
1 (16-oz) package gnocchi pasta
1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Combine tomato spread, 1 teaspoon Parma Rosa sauce mix, and Italian seasoning; coat ribs with tomato mixture (wash hands).
- Place ribs in slow cooker with onions, one-half of the broth, and one-half of the pasta sauce; cook on HIGH 4–6 hours (or LOW 6–8 hours) or until meat is tender.
- Skim any excess fat from meat mixture. Whisk remaining broth, pasta sauce, and Parma Rosa sauce mix until blended; add to slow cooker. Stir in gnocchi; cook 8–10 minutes or until pasta is tender. Serve.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 610kcal; FAT 24g; CHOL 80mg; SODIUM 1860mg; CARB 63g; FIBER 4g; PROTEIN 35g; VIT A 25%; VIT C 35%; CALC 10%; IRON 60%
1 (8-oz) container frozen non-dairy whipped topping
1 1/2 cups malted milk balls
Large zip-top bag
8 Bakery brownies
1/4 cup chocolate syrup
- Place whipped topping in medium bowl to thaw.
- Place milk balls in large zip-top bag and seal. Crush milk balls using meat mallet; stir into whipped topping.
- Cut brownies into bite-size chunks. Layer brownies and milk ball mixture in dessert bowls or serving dish. Drizzle with chocolate syrup and serve. (Makes 8 servings.)
CALORIES (per 1/8 recipe) 480kcal; FAT 23g; CHOL 15mg;
SODIUM 220mg; CARB 66g; FIBER 3g; PROTEIN 5g;
VIT A 0%; VIT C 0%; CALC 6%; IRON 8%
- Complete your meal with a fresh salad blend and crusty baguette.
- Layer your favorite ice cream in the Brownie Bliss recipe to make a scrumptious brownie sundae.
Recipe Version beef0075