Plantain Chicken Rolls With Lime Sauce
1 (11-oz) box frozen whole baked plantains
3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (1 3/4 lb)
2 teaspoons mango-lime (or seafood) seasoning, divided
2 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1/3 cup Greek yogurt
2 tablespoons honey
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Coat 2-quart baking dish with cooking spray.
- Microwave plantains in tray 1 minute on HIGH to thaw slightly.
- Butterfly chicken: cut in half horizontally, leaving one side attached. Open chicken and place in baking dish (wash hands).
- Sprinkle 1 teaspoon seasoning over chicken.
- Place 1 plantain on bottom half of each breast, then fold top half over plantain; secure with a skewer (or toothpick). Season with remaining 1 teaspoon seasoning. Bake 22–27 minutes or until 165°F.
- Whisk lime juice, yogurt, and honey until blended. Slice chicken and serve with lime sauce.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 440kcal; FAT 12g; CHOL 110mg; SODIUM 280mg; CARB 42g; FIBER 0g; PROTEIN 42g; VIT A 10%; VIT C 15%; CALC 4%; IRON 10%
Ginger Citrus Salad
1/2 cup Greek yogurt
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon ginger spice blend paste
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
2 (24-oz) jars citrus salad in extra light syrup (drained)
1 cup dried cranberries
- Whisk together in salad bowl, yogurt, brown sugar, spice blend, and cinnamon.
- Add citrus salad and cranberries; gently stir into dressing until evenly coated. Serve. (Makes 6 servings.)
CALORIES (per 1/6 recipe) 260kcal; FAT 1g; CHOL 5mg; SODIUM 50mg; CARB 64g; FIBER 1g; PROTEIN 1g; VIT A 20%; VIT C 190%; CALC 4%; IRON 4%
- Complete your meal with white rice, Cuban bread, and caramel cookies for dessert.
- This recipe would work equally well with pork chops, or even thin white fish filets like tilapia or flounder.
Recipe Version R-08/10-0108