Mojo Pepper Fish Over Rice
1/2 cup stuffed manzanilla olives, sliced
2 Cubanelle peppers, sliced
1/2 cup roasted red peppers
5 oz fresh pre-sliced onions (2 cups)
2 cups white rice
3 tablespoons canola oil, divided
1 cup tomato sauce
2 bay leaves
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
4 fish fillets (tilapia, snapper or basa; 1 1/2 lb)
1/2 teaspoon adobo with pepper
- Put water on to boil for rice.
- Slice olives and Cubanelle peppers.
- Cut red peppers into strips.
- Prepare rice following package instructions.
- Preheat medium saucepan on medium-high 2–3 minutes. Add 1 tablespoon oil, then onions; cook 3–4 minutes or until soft.
- Stir in olives, cubanelles, roasted red peppers, tomato sauce, bay leaves, salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium; cook and stir 10–12 minutes or until vegetables are soft and tender.
- Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 2–3 minutes. Season fish on both sides with adobo and 1/4 teaspoon pepper (wash hands). Place 2 tablespoons oil in pan, then add fish; cook 3–4 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily. Top rice with fish and sauce; serve.
- Complete your meal with a fresh salad blend, Cuban bread and Key lime pie.
- If you can’t find Cubanelle peppers, you can use poblano or green bell peppers.
Recipe Version seaf0130