Chipotle Ranch Ribs
3 lb pork baby back ribs
2 tablespoons barbecue seasoning
1 (24x12-inch) sheet aluminum foil
1 cup bacon/onion ranch salad dressing
2 tablespoons chipotle hot sauce
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Coat ribs with barbecue seasoning; place in center of foil (wash hands). Combine ranch dressing and hot sauce; pour over ribs. Bring up foil sides; then double-fold top and ends to seal the packet.
- Place on baking sheet; bake 25 minutes. Serve.
CALORIES (per 1/6 recipe) 640kcal; FAT 55g; CHOL 175mg; SODIUM 1500mg; CARB 4g; FIBER 0g; PROTEIN 34g; VIT A 0%; VIT C 0%; CALC 6%; IRON 15%
Chocolate Pretzel Parfaits
2 cups fresh cherries
6 coconut macaroon cookies
1/2 cup thin pretzel sticks
1 (3.4-oz) box instant vanilla pudding mix
2 cups cold reduced-fat milk
1/2 cup chocolate hazelnut spread
- Remove cherry stems and pits; chop coarsely.
- Chop cookies and pretzels into bite-size pieces.
- Whisk together pudding mix and milk, in medium bowl, for 2 minutes. Whisk in chocolate spread; chill 5 minutes to thicken.
- Layer in six parfait (or dessert) dishes, one-half each of the pudding, cookie pieces, cherries, and pretzel pieces; then repeat layers with remaining half. Serve.
CALORIES (per 1/6 recipe) 320kcal; FAT 10g; CHOL 5mg; SODIUM 480mg; CARB 53g; FIBER 3g; PROTEIN 5g; VIT A 4%; VIT C 2%; CALC 10%; IRON 4%
- Complete your meal with a fresh salad blend, baked beans, and garlic bread.
- Allow ribs to cook an extra 15 minutes for more tenderness.
- If the sodium in the ribs is a concern, you can choose a seasoning that’s lower in sodium, and see a reduction of 35% or more.
Recipe Version 07/10-0062