Cheesy Chicken Strips
aluminum foil (optional)
1 1/2 cups fish-shaped cheese crackers
large zip-top bag
1/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
1 1/2 pounds chicken tenderloins
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Line baking sheet with foil (for ease of cleanup) and coat with cooking spray. Place crackers in zip-top bag and crush; add cheese and shake to mix.
2. Whisk egg, in large bowl, until blended; add chicken, using tongs, and toss to coat. Transfer chicken from egg mixture to zip-top bag; use tongs and allow excess egg to drip off. Seal bag tightly and shake (or use fingertips) to evenly coat chicken.
3. Use tongs to arrange chicken in single layer on baking sheet. Bake 12–15 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 170°F. Use a meat thermometer to accurately ensure doneness. (Thread 2–3 tenderloins onto probe, if too small for reading temperature.) Serve.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 330kcal; FAT 10g; CHOL 165mg; SODIUM 310mg; CARB 13g; FIBER 1g; PROTEIN 45g; VIT A 4%; VIT C 4%; CALC 8%; IRON 15%
Broccoli White Cheddar and Shells
2 cups water
2 tablespoons butter
1 (6.2-ounce) box shells and white Cheddar pasta
3 cups broccoli florets
1/2 cup reduced fat milk
1. Place water and butter in large saucepan. Cover and bring to boil on high.
2. Stir pasta shells into boiling water, reduce to medium-high and cook, uncovered, 6 minutes.
3. Stir in broccoli; cover and cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Stir in milk and seasoning packet (from pasta). Cover, reduce to low and cook 3–5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until pasta is tender. Serve. CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 250kcal; FAT 10g; CHOL 20mg; SODIUM 560mg; CARB 33g; FIBER 3g; PROTEIN 8g; VIT A 40%; VIT C 80%; CALC 10%; IRON 8%
Add items to your grocery list by clicking on the next to any item below.
The icon will change to to indicate that it has been added.
Utensils & Cookware
Recipe Version kids0035